Chapter 19

-Next morning-

It took a few moments for Sherlock to manage to stand up correctly, yet, he was now fully recovered and so was the other man. John, Abygaëlle and Juliet were sitting at the table in the living room. All were eating breakfast except for Juliet and Sherlock who were minding their own business, drinking a cup of tea. The detective was sitting in his grey armchair, reading a newspaper when his brother Mycroft entered the room quietly.

''What do you want, Mycroft?'' Sherlock spat out towards his brother, making his friends' heads jerk up, ''The photographs are perfectly safe.''

''In the hands of a fugitive sex worker.'' his brother mocked taking a stand near his little brother.

''She's not interested in blackmail. She wants... protection for some reason.'' the man replied looking up to his brother with a sigh, ''I take it you've stood down the police investigation into the shooting at her house?''

''How can we do anything while she has the photographs?'' Mycroft said folding his arms across his chest, ''Our hands are tied.''

''She'd applaud your choice of words...'' Juliet smirked looking up from her cup.

''You see how this works; that camera phone is her ''get out of jail free'' card.'' Sherlock explained softly, ''You have to leave her alone. Treat her like royalty, Mycroft.''

''Though not the way she treats royalty...'' the girl continued as she smiled at Mycroft , who returned a humourless smile. Suddenly the orgasmic female sigh of Irene Adler was heard coming from the room, making everyone apart from Sherlock frown. The man ignored it and rolled his eyes back into his skull.

''What was that?'' John asked suspiciously yet holding back a small laugh.

''Text.'' Sherlock answered trying to look as nonchalant as possible.

''But what was that noise?'' Abygaëlle stated looking around the room.

''Did you know there were other people after her too...'' the tall detective announced ignoring his friends' comment, ''Mycroft; before you sent John, Juliet and I in there? CIA-trained killers, at an excellent guess.''

''Yeah...'' Watson mocked pointing to his hurting forehead, ''Thanks for that, Mycroft.''

''It's a disgrace, sending your little brother into danger like that.'' Mrs Hudson said sternly as she entered the room with a plate of breakfast from the kitchen, putting it down in front of Sherlock, ''Family is all we have in the end, Mycroft Holmes.''

''Oh, shut up, Mrs Hudson.'' replied rolling his eyes before getting showered in furious shouts from the others. Looking at their angry faces, he cringed and looked contritely at the elderly, ''Apologies.''

''Thank you.'' the woman answered going back to the kitchen.

''Though do, in fact, shut up.'' Sherlock said frankly, suddenly the phone sighed orgasmically again. Mrs Hudson, who was going back into the kitchen, turned her face towards the boys.

''Ooh, it's a bit rude, that noise, isn't it?'' she said stopping before immediately turning back towards the kitchen.

Sherlock sat up straight and made his way to the fireplace. He picked up his phone. Text message. From who? Irene Adler. Pressing the enter key, he looked at the latest message he had gotten. ''Good morning, Mr Holmes. Feeling better?''. Ignoring it, the man shoved his phone back into his pocket.

''There's nothing you can and nothing she will do as far as I can see.'' he said turning back to face the people in the room.

''I  can put maximum surveillance on her.'' his brother stated.