Chapter Twenty Seven

Start from the beginning

"Kyra!" Mr. Jindal roared.

"Charities, ponzi schemes, foreign accounts!" She continued, ignoring him. "Millions and millions of Rupee, this man right here..."

"That is enough!"A loud sound exploded in the room but she didn't flinch, her eyes fixed on her face who stood before her, fist planted on the table.

"You didn't think I'd find out, did you?" She held his gaze.

"Is this true, Mr. Jindal?" A voice Kyra did not recognize, asked, doing nothing to gain her attention.

"Out!" Mr. Jindal roared, his eyes still fixed on Kyra. "All of you, get out!"

In that second, she heard the entire room rise to its feet and filter out of the door.

Leaning forward slightly, Kyra caught a slight tremble travel down the length of her father, his eyes blazing red as he beheld her.

She straightened, her arms wrapping themselves around her as she stood before him.

"You think you have won?" His voice barely rose above a whisper, teeth clench, sweat breaking out on his creased forehead.

Raising a brow slightly, her lips curled into a small smile as she shrugged, causing the frown on his face to deepen and his eyes to redden until they were completely bloodshot.

"You think I'll hand my company to you just like that?!" He growled, his eyes threatening her -surely she knew what he was capable of! Surely she wouldn't dare threaten to stand against the almighty Mr. Jindal! Surely she wouldn't dare declare war against him!

But Kyra indeed knew her father, she had watched him lie about murdering her mother, demand Kyra's inheritance, and then threaten to kill her if she refused. She knew how vile and evil he was, but it didn't scare her -he couldn't scare her.

Inching forward so that her fists rested on the table, and the tip of her nose nearly kissed his, she tilted her head to the side, eyes sparkling with humor. "I'm putting two options before you, father," Her smile broadened as she flashed her teeth and leaned her elbow on the table, her chin coming to rest on her knucles. "Pay back the money you stole from this company -this is your first option."

She paused, her gaze maintaining its hold on his. Her words hung in the air, tension rapidly building up in the room so that the air felt thick.

"Now, your second option is not to return my money," Quirking her brows, she leaned further in until her nose was kissing his, and whispered, "and go to jail."

She waited, her words sinking into him until fear flashed in his eyes. Satisfied, she leaned back and heaved a heavy sigh. "You have one week to decide."

Straightening, she turned to leave the room, pausing briefly in her tracks. "Oh, and Mr Jindal, I want you out of my office building in an hour because as of this moment, " She turned to him. "you are in trespass. You no longer work here. Isn't it funny how the tables turn, Father?" She raised a brow. "No? You don't find it funny?" She tilted her head to the side in question, the smile fading from her face until all that was left was the bitterness and anger of her soul, creasing her face into an angry frown. "Me neither. Get out!"

Turning from him for fear she would lunge at him and rip out his face, she made her way out of the room, slamming the door shut behind her, and leaving her father standing there, trembling from head to toe.

Copyright © 2017 Lily Orevba All rights reserved.

A/N

Hey guys! Oh my goodness, I've missed y'all so so very much. But hey, I'm baaaccckk! Back from school, done for the semester😰🙆and back to full time writing!

Okay, so, it's time to get everybody to pay back for the torture they've put our Kyra through, don't you think?😏. I can't wait to see what happens next. What do you guys think of the story so far? Do leave your thoughts behind and pretty please vote😘 Oh my gosh, i love you guys so very much. You are so so important to me!