Chapter Twenty Five

Seated in his office, Mr. Jindal spotted a very familiar figure standing with his staff, engaged in a conversation.

He frowned, pulling his glasses off and cleaning the lens. It couldn't be, perhaps he wasn't seeing correctly. He placed the glasses back on his face and focused his gaze on the figure, his eyes spotting her again, standing there like it was the most natural thing to do.

Angry, he pushed himself off of his seat and stormed out of the door.

"What's going on here?!" He yelled,h hurriedly crossing the hall.

The staff turned to looked at him, fear flashing in her eyes at the sight of him. With a slight bow of her head, she scurried off, leaving him standing there with the object of his wrath.

He watched her, noticing how calm she seemed. The serenity in her features made him want to yell even more but he decided against it, knowing fully well he was standing in a professional environment.

"My office, this minute!" He growled, turning around to face the office, fully expecting her to follow. Before he noticed she wasn't following, he was already at the door, holding it open. "Kyra?!" He half yelled.

After searching for Kyra for four days -having run off from the Sodhi mansion- the last place Mr. Jindal expected to see her was in his office. He almost fully expected that she had decided to run off to somewhere secluded, perhaps putting an end to being a threat to his business.

"Good day, Father." She offered a courteous nod of her head but maintained her position.

"Get in here!" He ordered through clenched teeth.

"No." She answered simply.

Mr. Jindal half stormed to where she stood, his hands taking captive of her wrist. "Don't test me, Kyra," He spoke through clenched teeth. "Don't push me to do-"

"It will do you well to release me, Father."

Kyra didn't yell but he saw the fire in her eyes and against his better judgement, it filled him with fear.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, deciding it was best trying to reason with her.

"Half of this company belongs to me, it's only proper I resume work here"

Her words knocked the air out of his lungs, staggering him. Resume work?! In what planet did Kyra think she could resume work in his company?!

Without waiting for his response, she turned to leave, his grip on her wrist tightening and keeping her captive before him.

Furious beyond words, he could barely contain his anger. If he wasn't standing in the eye of the public, he'd have killed this ungrateful child with his bare hands. Whatever gave her the inclination that she could defy him was beyond his natural senses, but he would be sure to correct that foolish reasoning. For his company, he'd kill, and it didn't matter that the person who needed to die was his daughter.

"You seem to have grown some nerves, coming in here, thinking you can run things." He tried hard to add humor to his words even if all he felt at that moment was hate and anger. "You have forgotten so fast what I'm capable of, Kyra. You seem to have forgotten that I killed your mother..." He watched hurt race across her features as he spoke those words, replacing the bold front she once had. Satisfied that she was weakened, he continued. "You seem to be forgetting that I can have you jailed or worse, in a mental institu..."

Pain exploded in his cheek, silencing him. Gasping sharply, his grip on her wrist weakened and he reached up to rub his stinging cheek, tears filling his eyes and blurring his vision.