Chapter 14

*UNEDITED*

Nina's POV

I am sorry..

I am sorry..

I am sorry..

Those words whispered through my ears. But all i could see was darkness. What was happening ? I thought to myself. Did someone died? Wait no.. Did i DIE? the thoughts were jumbling in my head. I gasped and my eyes shot wide open when a huge hand touched my elbow. It was a very bad idea when i attempt to sit on the very spacious bed as my head throbbed.

I groaned loudly.

"Nina..? You're awake?" a deep husky voice suddenly said. I turned my head around and saw Kole sitting on a small chair. His eyes were red, and there were huge eye backs underneath his eyes. It seems like he has been awake all night long, the thought made my heart flutter. But that thought was cut short when i realised what happened.

"How many hours was i gone?" i asked bluntly.

Kole stared at me, trying to figure me on why i am acting so calm. As if he knew what was going on my mind.

"Five hours.." He muttered under his breath.

"What time is it Kole?" I asked Kole as i feel the bruise on my head. It hurts.

"3am. Does it hurt so badly Nina?" Kole questioned me with worry in his tone.

"Nah its fin-," before i could finish my sentence Kole burst out with anger.

"I'm going to kill that bastard!" Kole exclaimed as he took out his phone and went out of my room.

I knew what Kole was about to do. With all the energy i have left within me, i get out of bed and rushed out of my apartment to catch up with Kole but it was too late. The only place i could think Kole's going to is Nick's place. With my throbbing head and bruised face i drive to Nick's penthouse.

***

Nick's butler opened the door for me which reveal Kole pushed a jab to Nick's stomach.

"This one's for my sister and this is for Nina," as Kole once again smashed Nick's already bruised face. Wow. Stomach and face. Serious fight going on here. Sister? I was lost in thought when i managed to get back to my senses.

"STOP IT!" I Shouted. I approached Nick who is on the ground groaning in pain.

"Nina you know he deserves this."

"Leave Kole, this is... this is too much." I sob in between my sentence as i looked at Nick. Kole who seemed perfectly fine left Nick's penthouse after i asked him to. It seemed like Nick didn't punched Kole back. He looks weak and fragile in his current state. Nick's butler and i dragged Nick to his bedroom and i tucked him into his bed.

"Thank you Nina," Nick said with much sincerity.

"I still can't believe you punched me." i said jokingly.

"It was and accident, i didn't mean to hit you!" his eyes soften and stared at me with guilt in his eyes.

"You shouldn't have punched Kole in the first place."

"I told to stay out of my WAY and did you listen? NO just because you are trying to safe poor little Kole!" he raised his voice at me.

"Of course i tried to safe him! He is my friend! He has always been good to me! Not like you!"

"Well guess what Nina, your precious Kole is not as innocent as he seem." he growled clearly not happy with what i just said.

"At least he was better than you!" i snapped unconsciously.

Silenced filled the air once i said that sentence. Nick looked at me with anger fuelled in his body but what really caught my attention was the pain in his eyes. He turned around not facing me any longer and pretended to sleep. I regretted what i've just said. I attempt to apologise but nothing came out of my mouth.

"Nick.. i a-"

"Save it Nina, just leave, i need to rest." he said.

"But-"

"Just.. go," he once again said to me.

I didn't say a word, i stood up from his bed and leave. My heart ache but why should i feel this pain when i was the one who hurt him. Before i knew it tears rolled down my cheeks.

Nick's POV

It hurt.

It fucking hurt so much. I never felt like this in such a long time. Why is this happening to me? Is it because of what happened? Is this what karma feels like. I lay back on my bed and stared on the bed where Nina used to sleep in. Where we could cuddle and talk about our future together. I thought everything was fine between us. I thought it could go back to the days where we were young, happy and free. But now it all change after what i did to Nina.

I still remember the pain in her eyes when i saw her. I never knew i loved her that much until i saw her pain. From that moment i vowed to myself that i will get my Nina back no matter the cost. But it's starting to get difficult after Kole returned. That bastard always ruined my life. We were such close friends.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath, i cannot lose Nina! She is the only one who is keeping me at bay. When i lost her a year ago, i felt my world turned upside down. I started drinking and sleeping with random women everyday. Which cause the bad image we have in our company. But when my mom told me that i was supposed to marry Nina, i felt hope within me.

Though after what happened just now, it is going to be very difficult to get Nina back in my arms. Though it is partly her fault for making me feel this way. I groaned loudly, confused on what i am supposed to do. As i close my eyes and was about to think of a plan, my phone rang. I picked up my phone and saw it was my mom calling. I debated myself to ignore the call but i knew better.

"Hello?" i said,

"Nick! Sweetheart how you've been these days?" she asked.

"Mom, it's 530 in the morning!" i said annoyingly.

"Oh right it's afternoon here in Bali."

"Right, bye mom."

"Hm.. Hold on. How is Nina? Is she alright?"

"I guess so.." i mumbled.

"What do you mean 'I Guess So'?"

"It means, that i have no idea on how she is doing mom and i am really tired and sleepy now so bye mom." After everything that just happened, my mom has to bring up Nina..!

"How could you not know?! She is you fiancé!" she shrieked. I could've sworn my ears bled slightly.

"Mom please. I need to sleep. But if you really am curious, Nina has been busy okay.With the Mikealson's son." The thought of it made my blood boiled. Overtime when i see her with Kole she would smile and laugh that made her look so radiant but with me.., all she could do was cry and let her fury out.

"Oh.. Okay then. Get some rest Nick you sound tired." she said.

With that we ended our call, but some how i could sense something wrong is going to happen. My mom is not the type of person who would let things slide and me telling her that Nina's and i relationship are nowhere near perfect, she would literally do everything with her power to make it right. But what is it? What makes my mom let this slide so easily? What did she have in mind? These thoughts filled me before i fall into a deep sleep.