Chapter 10

Previously in Forced to Be with You

Everyone was gathered in the beautifully decorated living room of the Archibalds. Is this regarding ? are my parents seriously asking me to move in with Nick? i was thinking millions possible scenarios, not bothering listening to their conversation.

"We've decided that instead of immediately moving in together, go for a trip!"

Nina's POV

"Where to?" i calmly asked.

"Greece!" mother exclaimed excitedly.

"How long?" I bluntly questioned.

"Two weeks."

I took a deep breath and look at my parent as i spoke, "why? why after two years you both suddenly wanted Nick and I to get back together. I remember that back then when i told mom that i'm dating the Archibald's son you both forced me to break up with him beacuse he's our 'business rival' son! Now, you desperately want to marry your daughter off to Nick! WHY?!" tears were at the brim of my eyes, i have to hold them back. i will not show them that i am weak and confuse.

There was silenced. No one dared to say a word after my sudden outburst so i continue, "I've been thinking and I knew why. DU's hotels is expanding and will sooner or later beat Vanderwoods and Archibalds' hotels. Therefore, you guys decide that if Nick and I get married our companies will merge and DU would never beat us! This whole thing is for the sake of wealth power, but have you ever consider your daughter's happiness? Nick's happiness? Nick and I, we do love each other but it was all in the past. Things changed. Feelings changed!"

No one said a thing. My parents and Nick's were still utterly shock by my sudden outburst. I looked at Nick and he was pale. I felt a sudden pang in my heart as if i regretted every single word i've just said. I ignored the feeling and walked away from the mansion and start walking towards my penthouse.

It was late at night and taxi drivers were nowhere to be found. So i got no choice but to take the bus and walk back home. On my way back home, my head kept swirling around. Why does my life have to be so complicated and confusing? Why can't i live a normal life just for one day.

I was walking down the sidewalks, my mind occupied with the thoughts of Nick when a car emerged beside me. I didn't bother looking to see whos car it is when i feel someone's presence behind me. I turned around and i saw a tall muscular and tan guy. It's Kole!

Kole  is my best buddy aside from Scott. The bad part about Kole is that he's also that Jerk's friend! Kole went to the same high school and university as me. Little did i know that his childhood playmate is Nick Archibald.

"Nina, tell me why are you alone in the streets in the middle of the night?" he asked. 

I couldn't speak. My mouth was so dry, and my heart felt pain. All i wanted to do is closed my eyes and never returned to this horrible moment. Knowing that i would cry as i speak, i accepted his embraced and tears flowed down my cheeks. Wanting to forget everything that is happening surrounding me. He is here, and right now, he is my peace. 

About 10 minutes passed by, both of us stood in silenced not knowing on what to say.  I am glad he didn't asked me any question on why i was crying. 

"Nina. i'll take you home" I simply nod as my body is too exhausted to even bothered to reply. 

Throughout the entire car ride, the aura surroundings was calming yet intense. I leaned on to Kole's shoulder and closed my eyes. His presents calms me. Without realising my eyes slowly shut and i fell  into a beautiful slumber. 

*

Fainted voices filled my ears, lights started shining into my eyes. I slowly opened my eyes, to see that i'm in my own room. My clothes were changed and my make up was removed. At the corner of my eye, i saw Kole sleeping on my sofa. Was he here this entire time as i slept?  I thought to myself. 

I slowly, rose up to my feet and walked towards Kole. As i got closer, i began to see Kole's face as the light of the moon intensify his features. I chuckled to myself on how different he look this past one month. He got thinner, he has a slight stumble around his jaw and his hair grew longer. I never knew how stressful his work might be. 

Without realising, my hands slowly stroke his face. And all of a sudden his eye fluttered opened. 

I gasped. 

Silenced filled the air. No one spoke. We were just staring at each other intensely. Not wanting to be in this situation anymore, i cleared my throat. 

"Um.. so how long have you been back?" i asked. 

"Three hours ago, i was on my way to see you when i found you on the streets," he answered while scratching the back of his neck. 

"oh, you must be exhausted, would you like something to drink?" 

"Sure, water would be fine"

i nod and called Sonia to get a glass of water. Then there it is again. The awkward silenced filled in the air. Is been a month since i last saw  him that i forgot on how to start a conversation with him. 

"So would you mind telling me why you were alone in the streets crying?" he suddenly asked. 

"Oh, it was nothing." i replied. 

"It did not seem nothing to me Nina." 

"Really, it's nothing." i mumbled.

"Fine." he answered with annoyance in his tone. 

"Really, it's just Nick." 

"Nick? Nick Archibald?" he sternly asked. 

In that exact moment, all the words in my head disappeared. 

Sorry for the late update, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter as much as i enjoy writing it. 

- XOXO Twoasiangirls