Six Feet Under

A/N: Here is the inevitable one-shot of the Spoby scene in 7x11

You all had to have seen this one coming

Prepare your hearts now

DONT SAY I DIDNT WARN YOU

-------------------------------------------------------

Help
I've lost myself
again

Her whole life was a lie.

As her life flashed before her dark eyes, she realized quickly, too quickly, that the life she remembered was not her own. She isn't Spencer Hastings. And somehow, that hurt her more than the bullet set in her shoulder.

As if her world was not already crumbling before her.

A week after being saved from a bullet; a week after facing a glistening gun and being on the receiving end of it. A week after being saved by doctors she didn't care to know from a bullet.

But who could save her from herself now?

But I
remember you

Her slender arm felt stiff, to say the least. Stiff, and painful. But somehow, that's okay too. She likes the pain, she likes being able to feel something. Feel anything but the large sense of betrayal delivered to her from those whom she considered her family all of her life.

Stepping into the hospital feels too normal to her; too familiar. It's ironic, she thought, how often she can visit a place she despises so much. Her dull brown optics search the room; a hidden pain concealed inside of them as they land on a certain blue eyed boy. The emotion in her eyes flicker briefly at the sight of him with bandages and stitches on and in his face and arms. She is able to immediately mask it as she walks painfully slow over in his direction; her footsteps alerting Toby of an approaching presence. His oceanic blues lighten considerably; flashing a concern she hadn't seen from him in a long time. He gets to his feet, waiting for her to fully reach him before gently pulling her into his chest; wrapping two strong arms loosely around her neck as if to avoid hurting her in the slightest.

Don't come back
it won't end well
But I wish
you'd tell me too

He sits down in his seat once he releases her, taking her right hand gently and pulling her down beside him. He immediately releases her hand; which, to him, suddenly becomes that much more delicate. In fact, all of her appears that way to him. He held her like she was glass; every part of her too fragile to hold on to for long. The bullet sent through her shoulder; rendering her arm useless for the time being, only reminds him how delicate she can be; how sometimes, even Spencer "Hastings" needs to be handled with kid gloves.

"I'm so sorry." She whispers, her eyes burning with truth as they gaze back into his concerned blues.

"I mean't to call.." Comes his immediate whispered reply, worried she'd be upset that he hadn't tried reaching out to her yet.

"You didn't have to call me." Spencer shakes her head, knowing he has been busy himself. Why should he have to worry about her? After all of this time?

It isn't his job anymore.

It never should have been.

"I talked to Marco. He told me what happened.. Are you- are you alright?"  Words were hard to escape Toby's throat; especially because of the restricting feeling set inside of it. He felt choked up; like he couldn't form coherent thoughts. And when he could, the next challenge was getting them out; speaking without a tremble betraying his voice.