Don't Let Me Down

A/N: This is a new take on Spencer's drunken scene from last night's episode! And yes, it's Spoby bc hello, if you haven't read the title of this book, you should! ;)

-----------------------------------------

Crashing, hit a wall.
Right now I need a miracle.
Hurry up now, I need a miracle.

Spencer just sent Caleb away, a pit of remorse and regret swimming in her stomach. The words he said had their emotional impact on her, to say the least. The night has been nothing but stressful, and all she wants to do is forget. She packs herself away in her car, heading to her only destination. The Radley. She doesn't need a room; she needs a drink. She steps out of her car once its parked right outside, the breeze sweeping her dark locks over one of her slender shoulders. She walks into the familiar space, instantly spotting Emily behind the bar. She approaches, sitting her small frame down in a barstool and faces Em. "Give me your strongest." She orders with no emotion hidden in her raspy tone. Emily looks like she wants to say something, but she holds back from it. She can't deny a customer, even if she knows exactly what Spencer plans on doing. She sits the glass down on the counter in front of Spencer, her dark hues following Spencer as she throws back the liquid in one mere sip. She orders another. Emily's boss tells Emily that her shift is over, but something about leaving Spencer here alone feels wrong in her gut. "I'm fine, Em, go." Spencer calls. It's so convincing. It's a good lie. Emily believes it. And the worst part is, Spencer believes it too.

Emily hesitantly exits the Brew, one last glance at Spencer before she walks out into the night. Spencer can handle herself; she has for a really long time.

Somewhere in the night, Spencer had lost count of just how many drinks she had; just knowing it was way too many. She cuts herself off, gripping her bag and tossing it over her slim shoulder. She stumbles as she walks to the door, mustering up all strength she has left to push the door open. Everything that has happened lately hasn't left her much of anything; nothing to hold on to. She doesn't feel upset or heartbroken; she feels empty. It feels like everybody left her in the dust; like everybody moved on without her. Toby did. Caleb did. And right now, just in this moment, she feels alone. And it's the loneliest feeling in the world.

Stranded, reaching out.
I call your name but you're not around.
I say your name but you're not around.

She forgets about her car, smart enough to know that driving in a state like this isn't the best idea. She doesn't mind walking. She doesn't have a specific destination, nobody wants her now anyways. She trudges along the very familiar streets of Rosewood; her troubles more weight than her body to carry around. The night only gets darker, and she finally gets to a place she knows she can stay safe and lay low at. It's familiar, but also somewhere she should never be again. She promised herself that she wouldn't be a factor in Toby and Yvonne's relationship; that she wouldn't be the cause of any arguments, but right now, she forgets all about any promise she ever made. For once, she's going to think about herself. Almost as if on que, rain begins to pour down from the sky like tear drops. Maybe the world really is against her. She raises a small fist to the door; leaning slightly against the side for support. Movement can be heard from the inside; only getting louder and louder until the door is thrown open and reveals Toby on the other side.

I need you,
I need you,
I need you right now.
Yeah, I need you right now.

Concern fills his electric blue orbs, wondering why Spencer is outside his apartment soaked and alone. She doesn't look well. But right now, he won't ask any questions.