3.5

a few weeks later

"minter, the one who can't keep a girl or his mum." a boy scoffed, smirking to his friends as he walked past.

"fuck off." i rolled my eyes, grabbing simon's hand to stop him from doing anything.

"slag." the boy said, his friends laughing.

simon let go of my hand and walked up to the boy, throwing a punch to his jaw as the boy whimpered, retaliating.

"fuck's sake." jj groaned, grabbing simon and pulling him away, as one of the boy's friends did the same, and harry grabbed me to keep back.

"scamper." jj spat, the younger boys hurrying off as cal gave them dirty looks.

emotional and physical pain completely took over simon's features as his eyes were grey with sadness and hurt.

jj let go of him, standing next to cal, as they watched simon cautiously.

"let me fucking go." i growled and harry reluctantly let go of me.

"simon." i spoke softly, approaching his thin, shaking figure. "simon." i repeated quietly and he took an upset step backwards, fear on his face.

"i love you." i slipped my arms around his waist, holding his hurting body to my own, my head to the side, resting on his shoulder as he slowly placed his hands on my waist, bringing me closer to him.

"we're gonna go. um, mate, we hope you're okay. see you later." i heard harry say as the three of them walked out.

"okay, thank you, guys." i offered them all a small smile, "come on." i said softly, grabbing simon's hand again and taking him to my dorm.

simon sat on the counter and i stood, watching a tear slip down his cheeks, before i gently brushed them away.

i carefully washed away the blood from his face and knuckles, the two of us silent except from his occasional wincing and my whispered apology.

"i'm gonna get water, i'll be right back." i mumbled, walking into the kitchen.

when i returned, simon was sat on my bed, his head in his hands, and i felt my heart break at his state.

"simon, please just ignore him. i have never and would never cheat on you, you know that you'll always have me, no matter what. and with your mother, i have no idea how he knows, but you can't let his words get to you. i know it's so difficult, but he's just showing off to his petty little mates, and they don't even mean what they're saying, they just want a reaction." i spoke softly, sitting next to him and wrapping my arms around his neck.

"thank you." simon mumbled, putting his arms around my waist as he lay back on my bed, pulling me with him.

i was half asleep, very tired and fighting to keep my eyes open, purely so i could stay awake with simon to make sure he was okay.

"princess, i know you're shattered, just go to sleep, yeah? i'm okay." simon said, appearing to notice my state.

"no, it's okay, i--" i started, getting cut off by a yawn.

"shh, look at you. you're practically asleep now. it's okay, baby, just go to sleep." simon spoke softly.

i realised there was no use or benefit in arguing with him, so i shuffled down and closed my eyes.

"i love you so much." i said, gently pressing my lips to his hip.

"i love you too, princess. goodnight."

"goodnight." i yawned, one of my palms resting on his thigh so i had some contact with him, and simon's hand was on my shoulder.

only about ten minutes later i was asleep, simon still sat next to me, his back against the headboard.

i opened my eyes and the lamp on simon's side was glowing softly, him sat on the pillow, a little yawn escaping his lips and book in hand.

i smiled at his state, before he noticed me wake up and looked at me, "i'm sorry, did i wake you?"

"no, baby," i smiled. "what time is it?"

"it's like three, i think," simon replied sleepily.

"have you been to sleep yet?"

"um, no." he said, quietly, "i borrowed one of your books, if that's okay?"

"of course it it. do you want to go to sleep?"

"not really, i'm okay."

"do you want to talk, even if it's just about some random shit that doesn't matter at all?"

"yeah." simon said, unable to cover up a grin. "wait, we can talk in the morning, if you want to sleep?"

"no, it's okay. i'll talk now, baby."

"thanks," he sighed, "i love you a lot."

i smiled, "i love you too."

"will you, um.. do you want to be my girlfriend?"

my head snapped up from where i was playing with darcy and i looked into his eyes, seeing genuine passion, fear and love.

"of course." i smiled and he leant forwards, gently pressing his lips to mine.

i found myself helplessly smiling at this 'bad boy' with such a gentle, caring heart.