0.8

i walked to my apartment, getting my keys out of my pocket and sighing, glad that most of the week was over already, and friday was tomorrow.

"fuck." i heard a familiar voice groan from around the corner, and i unlocked the door, waiting a moment to see who it was.

the boy was dressed in all black, a hood shielding his face, but i knew who he was, regardless.

simon came jogging, clearly out of breath, around the corner, and when his eyes met mine he looked away, his gaze shifting to the floor.

"simon?" i spoke softly when he was closer, and he looked up once again.

i reached up to push his hood back, and panic filled his piercing eyes as he tried to look away, taking a step backwards.

gently, i placed my fingertips on his jaw and turned his head to face me again as i examined the cut on his cheek and bruise on his jaw.

"come here, you need that cleaning up, and i know that you, as a boy, are too incompetent to do it yourself." i teased, and a hint of a smile pulled at his lips.

i opened the door and lead him in, knowing lydia was at costa with an old friend, but simon waited in the doorway, uncomfort evidently lacing his features, "no, i'm.. it's okay."

i ignored his words and lightly pulled on his arm, bringing him into my bathroom.

he winced occasionally and i mumbled an apology, to which he would mumble, "it's fine."

"there you go, are you okay?" i spoke softly, offering him a small smile.

"yes, uh.." he said, his gaze not meeting mine, "um, thanks."

"it's fine, simon." i smiled, leading him back to the front door, holding it open for him.

"oh, but madison?" simon asked, looking back to me just before he left, his eyes once again cold, "this didn't happen." he walked off without another word or look, his hood returning familiarly to his head.

why was it that this boy found leaving so easy, as if it were the safe option?

a.n. short chapter, but si has me shOok.