3.6

i walked out onto the football pitch, and jogged over to harry.

"hey, ha--" i said, with a smile, stopping when i noticed a cut on his jaw and his black eye.

"what happened?"

"oh, it was just a little fight, it doesn't matter." harry said awkwardly.

"with who?"

"it doesn't matter." he offered me a small smile.

"with who?" i demanded, my voice louder and slightly firmer as one name crossed my mind,

"simon?" i asked.

harry nodded and i scoffed, hugging him, "i'm sorry." i sighed, "did he start it?"

"yeah, um, he said i couldn't touch you now you're 'his'. well, have fun, madi." harry spoke bitterly.

"what? and he just hit you?"

harry nodded, "harry, i'm so sorry, i had no idea." i said and he shrugged, "when was this?"

"sunday, yesterday afternoon."

"i need to talk to him." i said softly, looking for the blonde haired boy, who was watching harry and i angrily.

"simon, can we talk?" i said after pe, when we'd both got changed, and he nodded.

"what the fuck? why did you hit harry? you can't just fucking do that, simon. i don't care if you're a jealous little bitch, but you can't fight my, and your, best mate, because of me." i said bitterly, "if you don't trust me, maybe you should have just said, but you should trust me, because i would never cheat on you, and you should know that harry wouldn't let me cheat on you, because he's not like that, si, and you fucking know that."

"what? did he tell you?"

"he's got a black eye, and cuts on his face, simon, of course i noticed." i scoffed, "but no, he didn't want to tell me who it was. i just guessed it was you, simon."

"wow, thanks for trusting me and having faith." he snorted sarcastically.

"should i have trusted you, though? because you did actually do it, and i doubt you were going to tell me if i hadn't had found out." i said, simon's eyes hard and mocking.

"aw, sorry, baby, of course you'd take harry's side." simon said softly with a fake smile and fake kindness in his voice.

"oh, fuck off, simon. you know i only love you."

he rolled his eyes, obviously not believing me, and i sighed, "si, look at me."

he glanced at me with blank eyes.

"you can't fight harry for me when he's both of our best friend's." i said sternly.

"sorry, mum." he smirked and it was now my turn to roll my eyes, and i just walked off, having enough.

he grabbed my hand and pulled me back to him, leaning down and kissing me.

"i'm sorry for being a dick." he smirked.

"it's okay, si, but you need to talk to harry." i said and he nodded with a light sigh.

"does he hate me?"

"well, you're not his favourite person right now, but i don't think he'd ever hate you." i said softly.

"thanks." simon mumbled and i offered him a small smile, just before harry walked past and i motioned towards him.

"haz, can we talk? i'm sorry, bro." simon asked, walking over to the shorter boy.

harry nodded with a sigh and allowed simon to talk.