12

(Diamond 💎)

   I sit alone in the, extremely quiet, girl's quarters. My mind whirs with thoughts about the recent few days' events. What Natsu's done for me, how familiar he seems, and my father, I don't know what to do. I can't endanger my friends any longer. They're pirates, so they're used to being on the run from guards, but not to this extent. My father, just the thought of him makes me shudder, has, as I guessed, given my portrait to authorities everywhere. He's hunting me, and the worst part is, it's not my safety he's worried about. I push away the thoughts of my disgusting, horrid father and return my thoughts to the Natsu issue. Just the thought of him in my brain makes my heart flutter ever so slightly. His face, the way he speaks, everything about him, seems so familiar. I just don't understand how or why. I've never met him, have I? So just what is it about him? Just then, realization hits me like a speeding train. Earlier, Natsu told me that he knew who I was all along. I didn't think much of it then, but now? How did he know? All along... he could've guessed after the whole guard situation, but all along? My father's kept me inside of our secure palace practically my whole life. And there was always that wall that kept anyone from seeing into our lawn, so my picture could never have been anywhere until I ran away, and they hadn't been ashore early enough before meeting me for Natsu to have seen any pictures of me. My head thumps painfully. I sigh and pull out a pen and a piece of parchment paper and begin to write.