4

(Diamond 💎)
I wake with a start. Through the window, I can see sunrise colors in the horizon, it's as if someone painted the sky using watercolors. I forget for a minute where I am, that is, until I feel the rocking of the boat. Looking around the room, confusion strikes me. Where are the other girls' beds? Also, how did I get in bed? The last thing I remember is how I betrayed my best friend, crying, then Natsu... I turn and almost shriek. Lying next to me in the bed, with his salmon hair sticking out at odd angles, is Natsu. I fall to the floor with a loud THUNK! Natsu's eyes shoot open and he turns to look at me. "W-why am I here?" I say to him, cursing at myself for stuttering, heat rising in my
cheeks.
"You fell asleep." He answers calmly.
   "And why didn't you return me to my proper quarters?" I answer, crossing my arms over my chest.
   Natsu bursts out laughing. "Your 'proper quarters?'" He says.
   My cheeks are probably now a darker red than Erza's hair. "Yes!" I say, regaining confidence, and gaining a bit of anger at Natsu's laughter. "You took me to your room, without my permission, and slept with me, still, without permission!"
   Now it's Natsu's turn to blush. "N-no! It's not like that at all!" He says, shocked that I'd even suggest such a thing. "I-I-I just d-didn't think you'd want the others t-to see you crying, th-that's all!" His face is beet red now.
   I look down. "Well... thanks, that was very sweet of you."
   We stare at each other for a bit. "I should, ummm, probably go. I um, don't want the other girls to, you know, worry."
   I begin to stand to leave, but before I can, Natsu's hand grabs mine to help me up. "Oh, um, thanks." I look at his onyx eyes, now just inches from mine.
   I start to back away, but I just end up hitting my back on a table. "Ouch!"
   "Are you ok?" He asks.
   "Um, um, yeah!" I answer, turning and hurrying out the door.
   I close the door and lean against it's cool wood. I close my eyes and take a deep breath to slow my heart rate. "Um, Lucy?" A soft voice asks.
   I open my eyes and see a girl with short, sky blue hair pulled back behind a yellow headband. Levy. "Are you okay?" Her soft brown eyes are filled with worry.
   "Y-yeah!" I breathe. "I'm fine!"
   "Why were you in Natsu's quarter's? Were you there all night?"
   I shake my head frantically, my eyes wide. "No, no! I just needed to talk to him about... something!"
   This is SO unconvincing! I scream inside my head. Levy narrows her eyes at me. "Okay." She says and walks away.
   I put my head back against the door, close my eyes, and sigh.

   I walk away from a very flustered Lucy. I know she lied to me. She didn't come back to our quarters all night, I know she didn't, I was up all night reading. I hurry down the stairs, glancing in all directions, making sure I wasn't followed. I creep through a very dark part of the ship. A hand with an iron grip grabs mine and spins me into a long kiss. When I finally pull away, I'm staring up into Gajeel's ruby red eyes. "I hate that we have to meet here." I whisper, my chin resting on Gajeel's shoulder.
   "I know," he says, his voice making my heart melt, "But you're too shy, and if the guys knew I was into any romance..."
   "You'd never hear the end of it." I finish.
   I feel him nod. I squeeze him a little tighter before pulling away. As I leave, he says, "Maybe one we'll tell them."
   I sigh, "Or they'll find out." I walk back up the stairs, despair gripping my chest.