8

(Diamond 💎)
The boat came to a stop in a cute port. Strolling down the glistening gangplank, I let the beautiful sights of Hargeon sink in. I stop when I reach the paved stone walkway. Today, Erza, Gray, Natsu, Happy and I are going on a job. It's my very first pirate job and I'm excited. I'm also very nervous, not about the job, but about being caught. Knowing my father, he'll put my picture and information everywhere, not for my own safety, he just wants to marry me off to someone I don't love to get what he wants. Lost in my thoughts, I don't realize my friends are waiting for me, that is, I don't realize until Natsu picks me up and throws me over his shoulder like I weigh nothing (Media). I feel my face warm up from embarrassment. "Y-y-you can p-put me d-down now." I stutter.
Natsu shakes his head, "Naw, you walk slow, and our job starts soon."
I stare at him, wide-eyed. "Humph! Fine! But don't complain to me when you get tired!" I cross my arms and shake my head.
Natsu smiles widely. "Is that a challenge?" He says slyly.
I look at him as if he has three heads. "H-huh? Where did you get that idea?" What would that challenge even be? I think to myself.
Natsu adjusts me so that I'm now piggyback riding him. He turns to Gray. "Hey, Ice Prick!" He shouts, "Wanna race?" He shouts.
Gray cocks his head. "Don't you think that running with Lucy on your back will give you more of a disadvantage than usual?" He smirks.
Natsu shakes his head. "No, because you'll be carrying Erza." Gray looks at Natsu with with wide eyes.
Erza turns and glares at them. "I have a better idea." She stops and picks up Gray piggyback style.
Gray looks flustered. "Hey!" He shouts. "Put me down!" Natsu bursts out laughing.
"No, I want to win. Erza says, a determined smile appearing on her face.
"You can't beat me Erza!" Natsu says cockily. "Lucy is much lighter than Gray! This should be easy."
I feel his grip on my legs tighten slightly. "Hold on tight, Princess!" He shouts, dashing off faster than I've ever seen him run before.
"Gah!" I scream, wrapping my arms tightly around Natsu's chest and shutting my eyes.
Once I finally allow my eyes to open, I see the quaint town of Hargeon around me. Everything breezes by and Natsu runs, but I can still take in the lovely sights. I rest my head on Natsu's shoulder. He turns his head slightly towards me and shoots me a smile that seems extremely familiar to me. I feel a slight flutter in my chest and a warmth in my face. What's going on?

Lucy, being the princess she is, has never fallen in love. The only person she's ever been in a relationship with was Dan Straight, but she didn't love him, she'd barely even talked to him. She doesn't understand these strange feelings stirring inside of her.