Explaining time

Recap

His eyes went big. "Well, you weren't hurt in any way, so please calm down." He sounded scared. I looked down at my hands. They were shaking really bad. I tried to get myself to calm down. I stopped shaking bit by bit. Finally, a few minutes later, I was completely back to normal.

He sighed. "Dana, I think it's time I explain myself."

End of recap

"You already had your chance to explain."

"Dana, come on."

"No."

He sighed again and rubbed his forehead. "Max, can you leave us for a little bit?" The boy named Max left after giving us a curt nod. "Now, where should I begin?"

"How about your name."

"Fine. My name is Dr. Bryant Johnson. I'm your uncle." I froze. I didn't know I had any other family. Don't trust him!

"On mom's side or dad's side?", I asked him.

"Your mom's side." I contemplated this statement. I really don't trust him.

"Then why'd you kidnap me?"

"Kidnap? Oh, good heavens, no. Well, not on purpose anyways. It's a funny story, really." I raised an eyebrow at him. "You see, Dana, most of the 'attractions' we have here are merely maguses who are in their transformed state acting as if they were really normal creatures."

"But why are they here?"

"Well, they are all here for different things. Really, it's like a jail for Maguses."

"Wait. If this is a jail, then why am I here."

"That's the funny part. You see, you were taken by an enemy of your mom's - of all pure bloods really. They are called the keepers. In common terms, they are hunters. Their goal is to keep the earth free from unnatural beings like us and all other maguses."

"Then why did they want me?"

"You're a pure blood. You're also the princess. That makes you valuable." I really don't trust him still. I just have to act like I do.

"Well, can you contact my mom and let her know I am here?"

He hesitated, but he agreed. "Okay. I'll let her know, but, until then, can you do something for me?"

"Uh, sure? What Is it?"

"I need you to work on the magus team."

"What's the magus team?"

He walked over toward his desk and started messing around with some papers on his desk. "All those maguses who are on 'attraction' - that's the magus team. You will act as any animal of your choice."

"Uh..... can I act as their caretaker and sometimes fill in in the magus team?"

Again, he seemed hesitant. "Why not. It seems like a good idea. Which team would you like to be with?"

I automatically knew which team I wanted to be with. "The wolves."

He shrugged his shoulders. "Well, since you woke up in their cave, it might seem fitting to put you with them. Max will show you the way." I nodded. I hadn't even noticed that he was standing there.

"Wait in the hall for me.", Max said.
I mumbled an ok and left.