35: He Probably Looked Up to the Heavens and Back

Toothpaste kisses- The Maccabees

I snuggle further into my bed as someone tries to shake me awake.
"Five more minutes," I grumble, wishing my bed could swallow me and hide me with its comfort. I'm too tired for this.
"Princess, you said that thirty minutes ago," Remington points out, and I sluggishly wave it off.
"I mean it this time," I mutter incoherently, and I can practically see Remington roll his eyes. He probably looked up to the heavens and back.
Suddenly I'm knocked off of my bed and onto my soft carpet floor rather roughly. I let out a grunt.
"I told you you'd get up," Remington says, and I can hear his smirk.
I cuddle my carpet tiredly. "Well, joke's on you, I can sleep quite comfortably down here, despite the fall." I try to focus on sleeping and not laughing as I picture his smile dropping. However, he knows that I can't sleep through ice cold water getting dumped on my face, which is why that's exactly the course of action Remington decided to take. I gasp as immediately sit up while Remington bursts out laughing. I kick his shin, and all laughing ceases, and he instead grunts in pain. I get up and stomp my way into my bathroom, slamming my door and locking it.
   "Oh come on, Stevie, don't be mad!" He calls, his laughter coming back.
   "You need to just piss off!" I shout back angrily, getting a towel out of my cabinet so I could start my shower. The blue sky light filters through my window, making my white marble floor and counters sparkle like the ocean, and the white painted wood echo the persona.
   "Come on, I told you what would happen if oh didn't wake up after try one and two," he points out, and I grumble incoherent replies as I vaguely remember him warning me about that." I sulkily turn on my shower, turning it to scalding horn before I strip and hop in. The shower was exactly what I needed, however when I climbed out, my grouchiness remained. Waking up in a bad mood can affect a person.
   Currently I am putting on my makeup, since I already dried my hair. I put on my black cat eyeliner and line that with good eyeliner, putting a bronze shade in the creases of my eyes. I add the gold liner to my waterline and smoke it the same bronze eyeshadow under my lower lash line before coating my mascara on, only putting it on the ends because I have butterflies for lashes. I put on my foundation and powder, putting on my contour and highlight as well, filling my eyebrows in with my light brown-ginger colored pencil. Yeah, I died my hair back to my natural color, however it's slightly more orange than my regular locks. However, my roots are my natural color so I don't have to worry about losing the original color.
I use lash glue to put small white gold colored fake jewels on the inside corner of my eye and larger bronze-gold ones on the outer corners, and coat my lips with a matte brown-pink liquid lipstick.
After I curl my locks, I grumble out of the bathroom and into my closet, holding my towel tightly around me since Remington is watching me, amused. I slip on my undergarments before putting on dark brown overall shorts, ripped fishnets, and a gold colored tight bralette so I'm not walking not around topless. I stole Remington's 'rebel' necklace from his NTIO line a few days ago and I decide to wear today, putting it on as I look for shoes. I chose gold booties and lace up the brown laces, walking out to get Drea.
"No good morning kiss?" Rem calls as in going down the stares, and I sulkily ignore him. The meanie woke me up!
I pull Drea away from the table, where she was conversing with her brothers with an empty plate in front of her. She lets out a few words of protest, but stops when she sees my glare.
"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning," she mutters, and I clench my jaw in annoyance. I lead her to my bathroom and start her makeup. She's wearing the same color scheme as me; browns, and metallic browns and golds. In brown leather shorts with overalls left at her sides, she's wearing a matching pair of ankle boots, and a backless, sparkling, golden-tan halter top. I do brown mascara on the halo haired girl, as well as a pearly gold-bronze shade just lightly dusted over her eyelids. I then do dark brown lipstick, gluing one of the small gold jewels in the top center of her bottom lip and a bigger bronze one below it. I also bejewel above her eyebrows with the small gold ones, three above each of the tails. After that I have her clip my gold Phoenix clip at the back of my head, holding two long strands loosely for the half up half down affect.
  I curl Drea's locks for the first time, breaking them out into beach waves before pushing her out of my bathroom and continuing to push her to the studio, where the rest of the girls are getting ready.
   Reina is wearing a bronze summer romper, the signature golden ring around her neck. Her makeup is a smokey eye that fades from white gold in the inner corners of her eyes to bronze. She coated her lips in a clear lip gloss, adding in gold studs to her ears. Her shoes are burnt brown crown vintage Nellie wedge sandals, showing of her gold painted toenails, which match her fingernails.
    Vienna is dressed in a white gold sweetheart neck crop top, paired with Burt brown high waisted shorts and a thick white gold belt. She's wearing white gold lace up ballet flats as well, and even did her eyeliner in, you guessed it, white gold. This girl has an obsession, I swear. Her hair is parted down the middle and is in a waterfall braid with lose strands framing her heart shaped face, and white flowers and gold lace was weaved into her hair. "You got May to help," I observe, and she nods, batting her eyelashes, which have fake Demi ones attatchef to them. She has Burt brown eyeshadow under her lower lash line faded off tear drop style, which transitions into a gold pigment. Her lips are coated in a pink cream colored matte lipstick. May walks in, hair up in an elegant bun and white flowers weaved into it, dressed in a pretty white dress and strapped white sandals.
   "Thanks for letting me come on tour with you, Evie, it means a lot," she tells me, and I wave her off.
   "We don't leave in two days, and we need an emergency makeup stylist anyways. Besides, you helped with the album cover a bunch! You were our model after all." Though the cover doesn't show her face, it is in fact May who is on it, not any of the members. She smiles at me. "Besides, you know I love a back up vocalist to help me sing parts to new songs I write."
   "Still, thank you so much. It means a lot." I grin, hugging the girl tightly as Rem, Warren, and the four kids come down stairs.
   "All of you ready?" Drea asks from behind me, and they nod, letting us know we can start to head to the album premiere.

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

I giggle as I walk on stage last, the intro to 'Serenade of Sorrow' nearly over, and the crowd is cheering like crazy. I immediately spot Remington in the crowd, right next to his two brothers, Rylie, Warren, and the four kids. Clara frantically pulls at Remington's pant leg, desperately wanting to get a better view than what Evie had offered a few moments ago. I watch his eyes soften as they land on one of the angels, and he scoops her up and places her on his shoulders. I try really hard not to 'awe' as I sing my song, instead focusing on how my mother gives Remington a side hug in thanks as she nods to Alice, picking her up a second later. I focus on how Auggie is air guitar-ing it out with Seb, while Steph and Liam whip their heads in beat to the song while Warren laughs at them. I focus on the sly smirk Emerson throws at my drummer, and I don't need to turn around to see her blush. Yesterday, Vienna finally told me about the non labeled relationship she and Emerson share, and I've felt happy for her. She deserves a good guy like him.
   I spend the whole show like this, dancing around stage to get my siblings to laugh, marveling at my amazing family, and thinking about what my life will hold, now that Remington and I are an item.
   After the show, we all head to my house and invite all our friends over, sitting out in the night having dinner, discussing our potential adventures that the tour will bring. I cuddle into Remington's chest to hide from the child that the sudden gust of wind had brought, and he chuckles, draping his leather jacket over me like a blanket. "Here, take this, you need it more than I do," he tells me with a smirk, and I roll my eyes at the familiar words.
"Thanks, but don't take two years to get it back this time," I joke.
"Shut up," he mutters, making me laugh, though he silences me with a tender kiss.

Don't freak out, it's not the end, we've still got the epilogue XD