Arc 1, Issue # 1 Emotional Introductions

"So, this is it. The school for... hunters." 

         Possessing sharp and wavy hair, a teenager set foot upon a concrete sidewalk.

         Groups of fluffy clouds raced through a cyan sky as they overshadowed a towering school.

         Maybe, just maybe, this is how I can avenge them. As he walked further along the concrete path, which led to a set of two doors, a second figure came into view.

        "Who are you?" The second individual stood next to the doors, his arms crossed over a white dress-shirt.
           "Maximus D. Kaline, but you can just call me 'Max', I guess." The adolescent stood with excellent posture, setting his arms beside his olive colored jacket. With a smile, Max brushed a stray clump of hair behind his ear.
           "I see. Well then, the name's 'Chimner'. Kyle Chimner. And I'm tough on new kids. Perhaps it's because I like to give newbies a hard time so they can get better with having a fire under their ass and all, or perhaps, I'm just a sadist!" Kyle, a bespectacled and blond student, stood near a pot of flowers as he uncrossed his arms. "You're early to your first day of school, rookie. That's a good habit to start off with. Also, jeez, that's a wildly stupid color to dye your hair."
               Max's face went hot as he grabbed at the side of his long, red locks. "Wh- What? What do you- Oh. This. I was- Well, I was- I was born with it."
          Frozen in stance over the hardened asphalt, Max never broke eye contact with Kyle.
          "Well, that's impressive." Revealing a silver watch, Kyle slipped a plain backpack off of his shoulder. "I remember hearing a dirty myth about red-headed kids, once. Parents must've had unclean sex or-"
             "Tsk! Shut up. Don't mention my parents." Once possessing a timid demeanor, Max now felt a sudden peeve of irritation.
             His knuckles turned purple as both fists clenched in response to Kyle's comment.
             Kyle's hair waved around some, his head turning left and right. "Hmph. You just told an upper-classman to shut up. Pretty bold of you, greenhorn. I like that. You've got spunk!"
             Max turned his head to the side, staring at the pot of flowers. "I- Uh. I didn't think I'd get so emotionally compromised on my first day here, you know? My apologies, really!" His burgundy bangs falling over his eyes, he stole another look at Kyle's hairy wrist. "If it's not too intrusive to ask on my end, may I know where you got your watch? Looks pretty bourgeois!"
             "Ugh. Shut up, newbie. Don't make me think about my parents." Kyle shook his head some more.
             "Oh. Um. S- So, your watch has something to do with your parents t- too? Uh, sorry-"
               "Nope, I'm just making fun of you." The right corner of Kyle's mouth perked up. 
               "Oh." Max took in a deep breath as the gaze of his eyes grew. This guy is pretty rude.
                Kyle, cracking up, took out a piece of parchment from his backpack. "Do you have your schedule on you? I'd like to escort you to your first class of the day."
                 "Sure!" Max took out a crumbled sheet of paper from the pocket of his jeans, which emanated a blue like the deepest of oceans.
               "Jeez! Your poor schedule."
              "I mean, I didn't think to bring a backpack. This is a school for combat, right? Sounded sporty, so, I imagined we'd be in locker-rooms a lot."
              "I guess you won't need a backpack very much after all, then. That's true."
              "Also, why are you, like, helping me? I thought you wanted to give the 'new kids a hard time' or something like that."
              "Because I know that new kids have difficulty finding their classes in a new environment, and I don't want you to be having a hard time with that because I want to be the one to give you a hard time, rookie. Make sense? Now, let's see- Oh! You have Ms. Meloncrop." Kyle stretched Max's paper out, squinting his eyes through the frames of his glasses.