Jealousy?

Setting is in guild with them being wizards.

*Lucy's POV*

I walked into the guild. I saw Natsu fighting with Gray, Natsu saw me and did his signature grin. I giggled and went to go sit down. Mira got me pancakes! I love how she knows what I want to eat! :)

*Gray's POV*

I was fighting with Natsu when I saw him look somewhere else. I looked wherever he was looking and saw Lucy. I remembered I wanted to talk to her. She went to sit down and Mira got her pancakes. Natsu was about to punch me but I jumped off the table, I left him standing there. I walked over to Lucy. "Hey Lucy."

She smiled, "oh hi Gray, what's up?" I sat down by her. "Can you help me with something?" She nodded.

"Ok so there's this job I wanna do, it pays a lot. But it also requires a celestial wizard. So I was wondering if you'd help me with it? You'll also get half of the pay."

"Well yea Gray! I do need to pay my rent. But hey, what's Juvia gonna say?" She never liked being Juvia's 'love rival.' "Well she's always hanging on to me, it's kind of weird. So that's why I needed a job without a water wizard, so can you help me out?"

"Yea I will. When you wanna leave?"

I thought about it, "how about after you finish your food. It isn't a long job, so we'll back tonight." She agreed and finished her pancakes. I got up and left the guild to make sure my house was locked.

*Natsu's POV*

I was ready to punch Gray, but then he just left our fight. Oh this guy really has guts to walk off! I was ready to chase after him but he was talking to...Luce?

They were having a little discussion, then Lucy smiled at Gray. I don't know why, but that bugged me. Well of course I knew, I love Luce, but I don't think I can tell her. Gray left the guild. Lucy finished her pancakes and started talking to Levy. I decided to ask her what was going on when she was done talking to Levy.

~15 minutes later~

Levy finally left. I walked up to Lucy. "Heya Luce, what's going on?"

She smiled, that amazing smile, "oh hi Natsu, nothing just waiti-"

"You ready Lucy?" We both looked and saw Gray standing by the doors. "Yea wait up."

I looked at her, "oh uh where you going?" She looked at me, "oh Gray and I are going on a job, I need to pay my rent, and he needed a celestial wizard, so all works out."

"If you needed to pay your rent, you could've told me, we could've gone on a mission..." why didn't she ask me? I am her partner after all.

"Oh well I'm always asking you, I didn't want to keep doing that." She gave me a reassured smile.

"...I don't mind..." I whispered, I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't hear me.

But I guess she did.

"Natsu, what's wrong?" She looked at me worriedly. I put on a smile, "nothing Luce, just make sure you're safe during your trip!" She looked at me, then at Gray.

"Gray wait for me outside please?" Gray nodded and left. She looked at me and put her hands on her hips, then gave me that stern look, "Natsu spill it. Now." Sheesh she could be scary when she wants to. "Uh it's nothing Luce. Really don't worry about it."

She obviously didn't buy it, "Natsu don't lie to me. Is it because I'm going on a job with Gray and not you?" I looked at her, and she knew she was right. She sighed then hugged me, "Natsu you'll always be my partner, c'mon Gray can't replace you. You'll always be my best friend."

Right, I'm nothing more to her than a best friend. I didn't want to stay in that zone. I was fed up with just being a friend. She started walking away, but I couldn't let my chance pass by me. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. She seemed surprised.

But I wasn't gonna stop there.

I cupped her face and leaned it. I kissed her passionately, and desperately hoping she wouldn't push me off. She didn't move but then a few seconds later she wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me back. I couldn't feel happier. I forgot we were in the guild, everyone cheered. Mira fainted behind the counter. We finally split apart and I started laughing.

Then Juvia came out of nowhere, "yes love rival finally let go of Gray-sama. Now she doesn't have to go on that mission with my Gray-sama." She threw the job paper at us then ran off with Gray on another mission.

Well ok.

"Hey Luce?"

"Yea?"

"You know what?"

She looked at me.

"I love you."

She smiled so big and hugged me, "I love you too Natsu. Hey how about we go on that job? After all Gray had to leave." I grinned and nodded.

She's my happy ending.

:) Was that ok?