U- Underneath

Underneath (In which things are Lost and Found)

WARNING: mild language

-

"I've lost my sanity." Magnus declared, striding back into the room in just his underwear.

"You never had it." Jace muttered under his breath, looking away.

Magnus ignored him. "Why else would I let you into my house-"

"Apartment." Simon cut in.

"-For you to drag me out of my warm bed and demand the most ridiculous things?"

Jace thought. "Because we're your boyfriend's friends?"

"No, I dislike you a lot." Magnus said bluntly, drumming his fingers on the counter.

"One," Simon said, "That hurts. Two, can you please put some clothes on?"

Magnus sent him a withering look, but snapped a silk kimono around himself. "Better, Sherlock?"

"Simon."

"I don't care." Magnus took a sip of the coffee he had also magicked into his hands. "I do care that you have woken me up far too early for nothing."

Jace groaned. "For the third time, it's not nothing. It's asking you to do us a favour."

Magnus laughed. "Ha! More like asking me to get thrown into the Silent City. That kind of magic is illegal for a reason, Jace."

"Since when did legality ever bother you?" Simon asked, genuinely curious.

"Hmmm," Magnus thought sarcastically. "Maybe since I got a Clave warning for the whole raising-Azael-and-Raziel thing. For Jace, might I add."

Jace rolled his eyes. "C'mon. It's not like we're going to tell anyone."

"Unless they use the Mortal Sword on you."

"Yeah, except for that, but there's no need for me to use it."

Magnus spun around on the bar stool he was sat at. "Hashtag nope." He said. "I'm planning on going to sleep in a bed tonight, not a cell."

Jace frowned. "What's a hashtag?"

"It doesn't matter." Simon said. "What does matter is that you do this for us."

Magnus groaned. "Go to another warlock. One without a Clave warning and a boyfriend waiting in bed for him."

Jace perked up. "Is Alec here?"

Magnus gestured at the bedroom door. "I'd knock first if I were you." He warned.

As Jace vanished next door, Simon turned back to Magnus with pleading eyes. "I don't see why what we're asking is so bad."

"You're asking me to summon one of the smelliest demons," Magnus began, incredulously, "and attempt to bargain for some random bracelet Blondie brought for Clary."

"Yep."

"And then- assuming that he gives it back- you want me to destroy him."

Simon paused. "Really, that sounds a lot simpler compared to Azael."

"I didn't do that with a Clave warning!"Magnus exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air. "How did a demon get her bracelet anyway?"

Simon chewed his lip. "Not a hundred percent sure, but Jace said he had brought it for their anniversary or whatever, and he was attacked, didn't have a weapon, lost the bracelet but managed to get a claw from it."