L- late

Late (by the time Alec gets home)

*WARNING: BAD LANGUAGE! Don't like, skip this one*

This is set on the day of the break-up *cries* assuming him and Maureen didn't fight.

Jace almost had a heart attack when he saw the figure sitting on the Institute steps.

He had literally just come back from dropping Clary at Luke's; they had gone out for the evening, and it was now about 2:30.

"Who's there?" He called apprehensively. The figure stood up shakily and swayed for a second. He caught a glimpse of violet-blue eyes and dark hair.

"Jaaaaaace!" Alec cried happily, running towards him, attempting to hug Jace, but missing.

"Alec? Why were you sitting on the doorstep?" He asked, bewildered.

Alec frowned, as if he had almost forgotten. "I forgot my keysss," He slurred. "So I waited for you to get home and let me in."

"Alec, you don't have keys. Not for the Institute."

"Oooooooops! Wrong house!" Alec said cheerfully, giggling.

Jace stared at his adoptive brother. "Are you drunk? By the Angel, you're drunk!"

Alec smiled knowingly at him. Jace just rolled his eyes and half-dragged Alec inside the Institute. Alec told him terrible jokes which made him grimace.

He dumped his parabati on his bed.

"Okay, what's this about? You'd never get drunk by yourself."

Alec stared at him with round eyes. "The truth is, that everyone's a little bit desperate inside and it just eeeats and eeeeats at your sanity, and if you loose the battle you've lost the war. You only get one chance Jace, sssso make it count." He giggled and started singing loudly. "You mmmight never get this moment agaaaainlock is ticking down, it's the fffinal-"

Jace slammed his hand over Alec's mouth, wanting to have the foul music gone. And not wanting to wake up his possibly murderous adoptive mother.

"Shh!" He hissed.

The door slowly opened, and Izzy poked her head around it. Her hair was piled onto a messy bun on the top of her head, and she was wearing a long silk dressing gown over her pyjamas.

"Do you need to be so loud?" She hissed, and then stopped and sniffed the air. "Angel's name, it smells like alcohol. What have you two been doing?"

Jace rolled his eyes. "I came home five minutes ago to find this sad bastard sitting on the steps. Completely wacked out."

Isabelle smirked and slipped into the room, shutting the door behind her.

"Tell me your darkest secrets Alec." She grinned.

Alec looked up, a distant look in his eyes. "I worked out why everything goes wrong."

"Tell us Alec." Jace said, sounding bored but really finding his parabati's state hilarious.

"Everything goes wrong because boys are heart-breakers. You ought to stay away from Simon Izzzzzy."

Izzy raised an eyebrow. "But aren't you a boy, darling brother?"

"I broke his heart too." Alec said, his face crumpled.

"You deal with tears." Jace hissed to Izzy.

"No way, you're his parabati. Besides, he's just drunk. I bet he refused to curl his hair and Magnus is sulking and he thinks the world's ending." She smiled sweetly at Jace, slipping out of the door. Jace rolled his eyes.