J- Jenga

Jenga (a game they both take very seriously)

"We play it with different rules." Magnus said. "We do it so that you play until there's a winner as oppose to a loser."

Jace frowned. "So how do you get out?"

"Well, the jenga tower is arranged slightly differently, and you have allocated colour bricks. Don't worry, I'll do that. But if you can't pull out any of your bricks then you immediately get out. Last one standing gets to have the loser as a slave for the next hour. Except if you knock the tower down, and then you become the loser." Magnus explained.

Clary had invited the Shadowhunters (plus Simon and Magnus) over to try and calm her pre-wedding jitters the eve before Jocelyn and Luke's wedding.

Clary smiled. "I like the sound of it." She said. "Let's do it."

Ten minutes later and Jace was sulking because he was already out.

Izzy was prowling around the tower trying to pull out a red brick. Simon was trying not to knock over the sub-tower being built with the bricks taken off the top, so that the game was continuous.

Izzy smiled, finding a loose red brick. Simon scowled at her, it was now his turn to find a loose purple brick. He wasn't quite sure why he had to have purple when everyone else got to choose. Clary was green, Alec blue and Magnus pink. With glitter.

Simon sat down next to Jace, glowering at the girls, Magnus and Alec, and 'by coincidence' Izzy was soon out as well. Simon looped his arm over Isabelle's shoulder and she nested into him. Alec sent Simon death-glares that would have incinerated small demons. Probably.

Clary was getting stressed. For some reason Alec was outrageously good at this game, and she was 90% sure Magnus was cheating somehow.

She grinned when she found a loose green brick.

"It looks really pretty." Izzy commented. "The green, blue and uh, pink glitter compliment each other." Simon withdrew his arm, then replaced when she glared at him. Her death-glares were scarier than Alec's.

Alec managed to worm another blue brick out of the tower and put it down on the smaller tower.

Magnus pouted. "No way."

"Yes way." Alec grinned.

"You know, I'm counting on you knocking this down." Magnus glowered. "I. Will. Win."

Jace looked utterly confused. "Dude, it's just a game."

Magnus turned on him. "Jenga is not 'just a game'. It's a way of life." He said seriously.

Alec rolled his eyes. "He's not joking. We play it all the time. Except Magnus's set is permanently... bedazzled."

"I bet you play strip-jenga." Simon muttered.

"OH MY GOSH SYLVESTER, YOU'RE A GENIUS!" Magnus squealed. "That's a great idea. We should play it now."

"Uh, Magnus," Alec said, red in the face, removing another brick. "A) my sister is in the room. B) no."

Clary swore. None of the bricks were coming loose.

She sat down grumpily on Jace's knee.

"Ah, and so the final begins. My old enemy Alexander approaches to take his best shot." Magnus said, squinting like someone in a cowboy film and speaking in a texan accent.

"What are you talking about?" Izzy asked, confused.

"Don't worry." He sighed.

Alec raised his eyebrows, and slid one of the bricks out of the tower.