N- No-Man's Land

No-man's Land (the spaces between)

*CONTAINS VIOLENCE AND SOME COHF SNIPPETS just a quick warning before you DIE*

Simon ducked the clubbed tail of the Shaimon demon he was fighting and promptly ripped his blazer. The first thought he had was "Clary's mom won't be happy." Then he remembered that Sebastian had attacked her wedding, and there was no way she would be happy. The next time the tail swung at him he was prepared and swung upwards with the broad sword he was using, finding it more useful than his fangs, and something he could actually use (unlike the seraph blades).

Out of the corner of his eye he could see Jace and Clary fighting Sebastian, Jace trying to burn and Clary armed with a seraph blade and dagger, her blue bridesmaid dress torn and tattered. He edged his way towards the three.

Simon managed to reach Izzy in the throng of demons and Shadowhunters, both good and bad. If there was such a thing anymore.

Izzy flicked her whip across the back of a ravener causing it to crumble into ash. She was craning her head around the warehouse they were crammed into.

"I'm here." Simon said quietly, taking her hand. Izzy spun around, then relaxed. Her whip cracked around the sword of a man attacking Aline, who looked at the two gratefully.

"I can't see Alec. Or Maia." She said.

Simon scanned the room briefly. "I can see Maia. She's by Jordan. I can't see Alec, but I'm sure he's alright." He kicked himself for the remark. They were in the middle of a battle, there was a very slim chance that Alec was 'alright'.

The crowd surged around Simon, breaking him away from Izzy. He slashed his sword into demons and bit into dark Shadowhunters, leaving them in a stupor on the ground. He made his way to the glow that was Jace and Clary.

He blocked a hit that would have cut Clary's shoulder, making both her and Sebastian glance up.

"Simon!" Clary cried, relieved.

Sebastian raised an eyebrow. "Oooh, the Daylighter. Scary."

Simon kicked him in the solar plexus. Sebastian flew back against a wall, but was up a second later. He laughed aloud, and caught an arrow out of the air that should have hit him in the throat.

"And another one joins the party!" He yelled, sounding genuinely delighted. "Alexander Lightwood!"

Alec's suit was missing an arm, and the shirt underneath was bloodstained. He had his bow trained on Sebastian. Jace tried to blast him with heavenly fire whilst he was distracted, but Sebastian dodged and Jace only hit a very confused spider demon.

"Let me think." Sebastian said, as if they were having tea and scones instead of trying to kill one another. "Oh, I remember! The last time I heard your name Alec was... Oh, yesterday. Do you want to know who said your name?" Simon watched as Alec fired at a demon trying to sneak up on Jace and instantly had another arrow trained on the tyrant in front of them. "It was your warlock. Magnus Bane." Alec didn't move, the only sign of emotion a muscle twitching in his jaw. Sebastian was clearly gauging for an emotional reaction from Alec, and Simon, though slightly distracted by trying to keep himself alive, hoped Alec wouldn't give him one.

"And he was the one giving us information. Like, for example, details on Jace's heavenly fire and the location of my dear mother's wedding." Alec's lips pursed. "But that wasn't why he said your name. He said- yelled, screamed, cried for you when we were torturing him!" Sebastian said this as if it was good news, and Simon wanted to smash his face into a wall.

"First, we put him in a tub of water and gave him electric shocks, but he started to get minor heart attacks, and the fun would be over so quickly that way so we came up with new ideas. We injected him with demon blood- the type that causes hallucinations and fear. That's when he started calling out for you."