Q- Queen of England

Queen of England (An accidental Meeting)

Alec kicked his boots off at the door with slightly more aggression than possibly needed. Magnus looked up from the spell book in his hands as his boyfriend sat down shakily.

"Stupid question, are you alright?" Magnus asked.

Alec shook his head wordlessly and moved next to Magnus, holding onto him and inhaling his burnt-sugar smell.

"What happened?" The warlock asked. Alec, Izzy, Clary and Jace had gone to demand information about Sebastian from the Seelie Queen earlier in the day.

Alec murmured something into Magnus's shirt. "Did you just say that she glamoured you into an old man, again?"

Alec nodded, and Magnus realised that the front of his shirt was becoming slightly damp. He awkwardly stroked Alec's head and tried to ramble to distract him.

"The Seelie Queen is stupid really. I mean, she's hardly a proper queen. The current Queen of England is what I call a proper queen. She rules pretty well, I think she's badass. I mean, just ask any Brit. The majority of them love the Queen. (A/N: As a Brit i can testify to this) She's really sweet as well, we keep up-to-date with each other via letters. We've been writing for about forty years now, she's still as-"

"Magnus," Alec said, emerging from his chest, "you don't know the Queen of England." He sniffed once.

Magnus raised an eyebrow. "Yes I do. We've met up three times, but we write every month."

"No, you don't." Alec said, smiling. Magnus pretended to be hurt. "Fine, prove it then."

Magnus raised an eyebrow challengingly at Alec and snapped his fingers. "Fine."

Alec saw the floor rushing towards his face and managed to crouch into a roll and come up standing woozily. Magnus floated down from a portal in the ceiling and spun gracefully.

The room they were standing in was ornate and big, gold leaf covering most surfaces.

"Magnus, when I said 'prove it' I meant showing me the letters, not portalling us to Buckingham Palace." Alec gaped, staring at the view outside the window.

Magnus straightened his pink floral shirt. "If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well."

"That makes no sense in this circumstance, Magnus."

The door opened and the two turned around guiltily. A small elderly lady walked into the room, straightening out her canary-yellow skirt-suit. She looked up and noticed them staring at her. She yelped.

"Oh my- Magnus Bane? Is that you?"

Magnus sent a smug look at Alec, and curtsied to the Queen. Alec didn't move, frozen by shock.

"I haven't seen you for ages! And who's this? Is this the young man you mentioned in your letters?"

Magnus nodded. "Yes, this is Alexander, Your Maj."

The Queen clapped her hands delightedly. "Ooh, the pleasure's all mine. And any FRIEND," she winked at Alec, "of Magnus is a friend of mine."

Alec blinked. "Um, hello? Your Majesty?"

"Feel free to call me Liz." The Queen said, laughing.

Magnus snickered at Alec's bemused expression. "Sorry for the late notice my dear. Alec here didn't believe we were friends and so, we'll, you know me, I had to prove to him we were."

"Showing me the letters would have worked just as well." Alec muttered, getting over his original shock.

The Queen waved a dismissive hand. "Phooey. I don't really care. Pop round anytime. As long as you tell me where you got those trousers from."