Consoling the Inconsolable

Start from the beginning

Zen lifts her view from the illegal magic-tool to watch the ginger crawl out of the closet before standing, then the girl checks around the corner and issues a snort before plodding over to flop at her side. "See? He's obviously the one with the ostantacious golden crown."

"I-I... can't believe it..."

"Y'know... I could probably manage to steal that thing right off his head..."

"Please don't."

"Why? No-one would know it was us."

"You. Don't drag me into it."

"You don't need a King's crown?"

"No. And neither do you."

"Ehn, whatever. I'll keep the option open, for when I'm Emperor."

"You're a woman... you'd be Empress."

"That's too girly. I wanna be an Emperor."

Chastity lets out a heavy sigh while looking away from the old man in the mirrror. "Whatever. Do what you want."

"I always do. But you don't."

"Don't what."

"Do what you want."

"Of course not! How could I?!"

"What's stoppin' you?"

The red-headed teen blinks twice before issuing an expression that questions the feline's sanity. "Because I'm a SLAVE!"

"You were a slave."

"I-I still AM!"

"You are?"

"YES!"

"A slave to what?"

Again, Chastity blinks a few times in confusion, then shakes away her thoughts and displays a frown. "I'm your slave. You bought me."

"I freed you."

"Hardly."

"Sure I did."

"When."

"The moment I handed over the money."

"Then why'd you bring me here?"

"Where else would you go?"

"HOME!"

"Where's that?"

"It's... not here."

"So where is it?"

The freckled teen averts her gaze while glowering at the thought of her true 'home'. "In the north-east..."

"Here." Zen places the illegal magic-tool onto the waifish girl's lap, then flops back onto the bed to make herself more comfortable. "Jus' force a little magic into that thing, an' think of a place or person you wanna see. Might hafta move it around a lil' to view 'em, though."

Chastity stares down at the silver hand-mirror with a mixture of hesitation and fear. Not because she was loathe to use it... more that she didn't want to see what it would show her.

"Whaddya waitin' for? Take a look at your home."

The red-headed teen issues a snort of annoyance, then scoops up the mirror and does as previously instructed. Within moments the interior a familiar, dingy shack appears, and all she has to do is move the viewer a little to the left in order to spy on the two traitors she immediately hates more than anything else in the world.