Something Is Rotten In The State Of Galtaire

Start from the beginning

"Hmph. Damned right." Zen flashes a conceited grin, then just offers a small waive of fare-well as she spins around to lead the way into the Dungeon. Only, her party was already gone. "The Hell?!"

"They snuck out right after you looked at them last."

"Tch. Typical." The small Scout hurries to equip her cloak of ethereal shadows and a nice, tight hood, then sprints down the decline and into the all-encompassing darkness.

Except that it was bright as day, thanks to her wife's dozen floating balls of illumination. "Took you long enough."

"Hmph. Leavin' me there." Zen trots to an easy halt in front of the three grinning pranksters and accesses her hip-pouch in order to give the human mage a present. "Here. They're like Jo's."

"Oh! The awesome glasses!"

"They look dorky." Mishone offers the expensive gift a frown as her wife hurries to slip them into place. "Can't they make them with a bit more style?"

"Then I'll introduce you to a shady enchanter, and you can coerce him into making something better."

Joanne treats her mate to a teasing grin. "I thought you said you bribed them."

"Bribery. Coercion. Same thing."

"It's not, sweetie."

"Whatever. Anyways. Competition time."

The white-furred Husky immediately perks up at the word. "What?!"

"We split into teams, and it's a race to each of the boss-rooms. Losers take over the girls' initial practice-sessions for the next week."

It takes the red-headed healer all of point-three seconds to understand what an amazing prize they were competing over, espectially since their Sisters, bless them, were horribly weak in the beginning. "I wan't Mish's nose!"

"Tch."

"NO!" Jessie blinks twice behind her odd illuminating goggles before glancing to her mate. "She's my wife! We should be together!"

Joanne sagely shakes her head while perfectly concealing a grin. "Nope. Mish is the second-best with physical training, and you're the second-best in healing magicks. Therefore, the teams are split evenly with ability."

"How insulting." Zen slides an icy glare in the direction of the human mage. "Not wantin' t' be with me, of all people."

"I-I just-"

"Okay!"

The human teen snaps a confused look towards her puppy, and watches in utter shock as her wife latches onto their healer's arm.

"We get a head start, too!" Mishone hurriedly tugs her partner along, and quickly bids the older femme to start sprinting. Besides, the more of a lead they got, then the more chance of success!

"I-I can't believe it..."

"Not wantin' t' be with me, of all people."

Jessie lets out a heavy sigh as she glances towards the irate feline. "I-it's not like that. I just wanted to be with Mish."

"Yeah, well... I was gonna pick you, anyways."

"What?!"

"Whut." Zen snorts out a breath of amusement and allows a wicked grin to spread across her lips. "Oh. You thought I was gonna play fair? Nuh-uh. And Mish will keep Jo nicely distracted."