And After One Sleepless Night

Start from the beginning

It mimicked the style of their other hotels, of course, with the indented patterns covering every available surface. But this time they went with a creeping-ivy theme... insisted upon by Zen, of course.

Since it was just a single, massive complex, they needed to have light coming into all of the rooms, so they were forced to create a small, sheltered court-yard in the exact centre of the lot, as well as plotting new areas for the stair-cases and baths... but it had turned out well.

Naturally, the top-most floor was entirely devoted to rooms for their new Sisters. And themselves, of course. During the week. The week-ends they'd be travelling back to Jozejemi in order to spend time with the Inujin family.

"It's good, right?"

"I like the shutters Zen made."

"She's definitely getting better." Jessie offers an absent nod while surveying the fitted window-coverings, then turns her attention to the dozens of Guild-workers wearily shuffling out of the hotel. "Looks like they're all done, eh?"

"Good timing."

"See? I didn't make us late."

"I kept you from making us late."

"And don't do that again. Nearly froze my tits off."

Mishone allows a heavy sigh to escape before tugging her wife along. "Things that big simply can't freeze."

"Felt like it."

"Yuh-huh." The white-furred canine dodges past a pack of smelly human males, through the large, rectangular reception-area, and into the sprawling dining-hall which was massive enough to seat two hundred people. "There they are."

"Nn... most of them don't look too healthy."

"They've all looked like that, at first."

"Nn~..." Jessie walks hand-in-hand with her wife over to where all their new Sisters were huddled in a tight group close to where the kitchens are located, though they instead angle themselves towards Zen and Jo, who were conversing with a pair of new Matrons.

"You're late."

"They're not, sweetie."

"Later than I wanted." The small Cat-woman offers the sleepyheads a frown as they shuffle to a halt at their sides. "Jessie Porrane, Mishone Inujin, meet Matrons Kris Christoff and Evita Langdon."

"Pleasure."

"It's wonderful to meet you!"

Joanne wearily swipes at her eyes in order to rub some moisture back into them, and is then forced to blink rapidly for a time until they actually focus. "O-okay... so. Let's get started. Girls! Everyone! If you could, please come over here!"

After waiting with a pensive frown at the sight of the timid teenagers shuffling over as a single pack, Zen then allows a soft sigh to escape before addressing them. "Welcome, girls. My name is Mizuki Nekoyama, an S-ranked Scout, though I typically refer to myself as 'Zen'. This hotel, as you might have heard, was completed in just a single day by my party, and we've worked extremely hard to forge it into a place that all can enjoy. Naturally, since Kuro and Shiro is the largest hotel in Galtaire, you'll undoubtedly be very busy. But in addition to working as normal staff, I will be teaching each of you how to defend yourselves against people who mean you harm. Showing you ways to dominate any opponent. Those that want to train their magics to highly-lethal levels, we have Jessie Porrane, Mishone Inujin, and my amazing wife, Joanne Thatcher, whom is also a healer."