Going down

Hey,

Ik ik ik. Y'all want to kill me for not updating for a while now.

I'm sorry, school has gotten a bit more complicated. New curriculum and those things so I'm adjusting to the changes.

Any who here's your update.

Enjoy😊.

*•.*•.*•.*•.*•.*•.*•.*•.*•.*•.*•.*•.

CHAPTER 26- GOING DOWN

I rest my head against the seat and try to get as comfortable as I can in this convertible.

Johnattan grunts as his car hits another hole in the road and I grunt as at the uncomfortable jump it makes the car do.

"Take your time. People are trying to rest here," I say exhausted.

"Well sorry, I haven't rested as you have for the last hour and I really want to get to where we're going."

He swings and misses another hole and returns in lane. This is kind of hard driving on the left side of the road instead of the right but Johnattan must be used to it by now. Despite the bumps and holes he hits he's handling the road quite well.

"Well hurry on the road and you'll be sorry," I state as I pull on my glasses.

He smiles and shakes me off with his head.

"How did you enjoy your day?"

"Hmm?" I ask.

"The zip lining did you enjoy it?"

"It was fun, thrilling and I really enjoyed it," I say as I turn to look at him.

"I'm surprise you didn't scream like a baby asking for your mommy," he jokes.

I chuckle and give a sad smile. "If it were possible I would ask every day to see my mother but she's -"

He looks over at me for a second and frowns. "I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure she would be proud of you."

I smile and nod.

That's what everyone says when you lose someone, it's become something I'm so used to hearing that it lost its meaning.

"I lost her even before she died," I whispered.

"Huh?" He asked.

"I'm just wondering why she had to die."

"Death isn't something we can control. It hunts us down when we least expect it but evades us when we crave it. Your mother is just another person that death saw and preyed on. They say that the prettiest flower always gets picked first. Your mom may have fallen victim to that saying."