CHAPTER 16

That evening, I stand in front of the mirror and smile looking at my reflection. I am wearing a Paisley Pattern Kent Collar marine blue shirt and Denim jeans.

'Enjoy your date, Beta' I hear Mamma say. I smile at her 'It's not a date, Mamma' I say folding my sleeves.

Mamma gives me a yeah-right look and goes out of the room, just then Elham emerges out from the bathroom.

'How do I look?' she asks

I look up at the mirror, my mouth drops looking at what she is wearing. She is dressed in a grey glittering figure hugging evening dress reaching her mid- thighs. The V-neck is deep and little of her cleavage peeks from behind the dress. She twirls around and I noticed that the back of her dress is even more deep, exposing half her back.

'What are you wearing?' I asked shocked.

She looks at me as though I have grown horns, 'Arey, you got me this? Buddhu' she says placing her hands on her hips. I looked at her top and bottom. I had got her a simple red saree; from where did she get this? I asked her again, exasperated she goes and gets the box I got for her. It is then I realized the box got exchanged.

I smack my forehead. I look around and found a bathrobe, I quickly wrapped it around her and she rolls her eyes

'Change into something else' I say

'Why?'

'I don't want you going out like this?'

'MCP!' she says removing the bathrobe and throwing it on the bathtub. I wanted to protest but she ignored me, she seems to love the dress. I watch her wear a black cardigan and I accepted my defeat.

I felt embarrassed when Mamma winks at me as we leave, she hands me the spare key.

'You guys might take long to return...I won't be surprised if you both don't return tonight' she says, my cheeks turn red.

Elham asked a couple to shift seats with ours, they hesitated but Elham requested them a lot for the corner seat. Finally, when she paid them 500bucks they agreed.

'Why here?' I say

'It's more cozy' she says happily. We are about to take our seat, when I hear an overzealous squeal of a girl. Elham cursed under her breath as we see Kriti waving at us, she is followed by three other girls.

'Juwaid' she waves coming towards us, she hit many people on her way and kept apologizing. The other girls are also looking at me and smiling. She comes to us.

'Come sit with us' Kriti says pointing towards the center seats.

'We are fine here' Elham says bitterly

'You sit here, Juwaid will sit with us' Kriti says, the other girls nod in affirmative.

Elham's mouth falls open, she held my arm 'Juwaid is my friend' Elham says possessively. She had always been possessive, since childhood, especially when it comes to me but tonight I am sensing a different type of possessiveness. Kriti also held my other arm and pulls. Elham gasps

'How dare you, leave him!' she says pulling me to her side

'You don't own him' Kriti says equally angry, she pulls me to her side. Ouch! My arms hurt.

'Yes I do' Elham resorts

'I don't see your name on him' Kriti

'I don't see yours either' Elham spats. All the while the girls kept pulling me. I know now, how the tug-war rope feels like.

MARRIED TO MY BEST FRIEND (COMPLETED)✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara