CHAPTER 4

Adams, that rascal, why the hell Racheal agreed to go out with this womanizer. He has a wife, he should have brought her, right? Oh, yeah, he is going through a divorce. Bloody two timer.

'I think they are dating?' I hear a voice and nearly jump spilling my drink. I turn my head and find Annie standing there, she is one of my colleague, we have hardly interacted and so I wonder why she is gossiping with me. But I didn't like it when she said Racheal and Adams are dating. Racheal can't be the other woman because of whom Adam's marriage has hit the rocks, surely not. Racheal is such a beautiful soul; she will never date a married man.

'Did I startled you? I am sorry' Annie says

'It's okay' I say taking out a hanky from my pocket and wipe the drink off my palm. I freeze when I find Annie's body touch mine. I look at her and she winks at me, a naughty glint in her eyes. I gulped and turned around, it's better to leave. As I am about to leave she held my arm.

'Shall we dance?' she suggests. I shake my head but Annie didn't seem to take "No" for an answer. She literally drags me to the dance floor.

I feel hesitant for placing my hand on her waist, so she grabbed my hand and placed it on her waist. I shiver. She looks at me smiling as she wraps her arms around my neck.

'You are so handsome yet you don't have any girlfriends, that's hard to believe' Annie says taking a step closer. The way she is looking at me I am fearing the worse. Should I lie that I have a girlfriend, that way at least Annie might leave me but then I don't want Racheal to misunderstand me so I shake my head sideways.

Annie smiles, 'I always had a crush on you...'she goes on and I am surprised. Someone really has a crush on me, it is a really good ego boost. She trails her index finger from my temple, she caresses my jaw with her palm, as per Elham's advice I have kept a stubble, she says women really dig men with stubbles.

Annie giggles, I guess either she is too drunk or she feels ticklish because of my stubble. Nevertheless, I avert my gaze from her, looking at her is making me uncomfortable.

It's then I find Racheal and Adams dancing together little away from me. I am not liking her being in other man's arm, the way Adam is looking at her...that leech. He tightly wrapped his arm around her waist, who holds a woman like that? One should be gentle, right? It pained me a lot to look at her dancing with Adams but I couldn't move my gaze from her, I love her so much. Soon enough she looks at me too, accidently of course. But to my surprise she doesn't look away. Even though we stand few distance away dancing with different people our gaze is fixed on each other. I look at her longingly, hoping my eyes convey what my lips couldn't.

I felt Annie's palm on my cheek, she turns my head to make me look at her. I gulp noticing her gaze fall on my lips, she closes her eyes and leans in.

I begin to panic. No...no...no, I can't her kiss me, I am saving my first kiss for Racheal. Before she could place her lips on mine I take a step back. Annie looks at me surprised.

'I am getting a call' I lie, taking my phone out. Annie looks at me disappointed. Before going away from there I see Racheal looking at me. From her expression, she looked relieved. I wonder if its figment of my imagination or if she is really relieved, why will she be?

Fifteen minutes later after my escape from Annie I decided to leave, I glanced at my watch, its 11.55 and I need to go home as Mamma must be waiting for me. As I make my way towards the entrance I heard someone sobbing behind the bushes. I shouldn't get involved but then it's a girl crying. I peeped and find Racheal, she has her face covered with her palms. I felt my heart hurt seeing her crying. I notice her hair is messed up and her dress disheveled. I am concerned now. I hurry towards her.