CHAPTER 6

Sometime later, Racheal comes out from her room dressed in the salwar suit I had got for her. She is looking even more stunning than what I had imagined. Thankfully the dress fits her perfectly.

'How am I looking?' she asks twirling around and I smile. I stand up and walk towards her admiring her from top to bottom. I place my palms on her shoulders and kissed her forehead.

'Beautiful' I compliment her and she smiles.

I then helped her wear bangles, Racheal feels excited wearing them. She confessed that this is the first time she is wearing Indian, but she loves bangles the most. She wears the earring and I smile widely happy with the result.

'Your mother will like me?' she asks as we sit in car. I smile at her

'You are such a sweet girl; how can she not like you?' I say kissing the back of her palm. She smiles.

The rest of the journey back home, we held hands. I am feeling butterflies in my stomach, I am excited as well as nervous. How will Mamma react? I know she is understanding and when I will explain to her how much I love Racheal she will definitely accept Racheal.

As I and Racheal step out of the elevator I hear a commotion and two policemen outside my home. Why are they here? Mamma was alone at home, I panicked. I rushed towards them

'Officers, what happened?' I ask them. I see Mrs. Wilson, our neighbor. The officer looks at me

'Your mother had fainted, luckily she was with Mrs. Wilson who called us immediately' one of the officer say. I felt my world shattering with what the officer said. I ran inside towards my mother's room.

I find Mamma lying on the bed with her eyes closed. A nurse is sitting next to her checking her pulse and a doctor jolting down something in his notepad. I am little relieved seeing that she is okay.

'Doctor! How is my mother?' I ask cautiously. The doctor turns and looks at me

'Your mother had fainted. Due to stress her blood pressure fluctuated. Your mother had been skipping her medicine, you should be around her more.' Doctor informed me. I felt terribly guilty, my mother had been skipping medicines and I didn't know. As a son, I am ashamed.

Doctor prescribed me some medicines and advised me try and spend more time with her. I nod.

I asked Racheal to stay with my mother as I go get the medicines from nearby pharmacy. Racheal nods. I left my mother with Racheal and Mrs. Wilson and hurried to the pharmacy, luckily there is one just across the road.

Within ten minutes I reached home, I find Mamma awake and sitting up with her back resting against the bed rest. Racheal and Mrs. Wilson on either of her.

'Mamma' I say and hurried towards her. Mamma looks at me and smiles feebly.

I hugged my Mamma, and begin to sob like a little kid, for a moment I thought I would have lost my Mamma. I didn't care if Mrs. Wilson or even Racheal is watching, I don't care what they think of me as I cry. All I care about is my Mamma.

I bid goodbyes to Mrs. Wilson and made mental note of everything she advised me on how to take care of my mother. I also apologized to Racheal as I couldn't introduce her to my mother. Racheal had smiled and said she will come some other day, I am happy to have Racheal in my life, who is so understanding and cooperative.

After they left I hurried to my Mamma. She says she feels severe headache so I got painkiller for her and she has it. I make her lie and covered her with the duvet. I waited for a while until I hear her snore and quietly tiptoed to my room, which is opposite hers.