{1}

Paralian
a person who lives near the sea

"Hi, I'm Sophia, and today I'm doing Hailey from HaileyinBookland's Sims tag." I brushed some hair out of my face. "I'll link her video in the description."

"I heard Sims." Willow poked her head into my room via the archway that connected our rooms. "I'm joining."

"I'm not playing The Sims," I told my soon-to-be sister. "I'm doing the Sim tag."

"Don't care." She walked into my room and tossed an arm around my shoulder. "I'm a slut for all things Sims."

"Fine, but I'm making you get the books," I told her. "For all of you who don't follow me on Instagram, this is my best friend and soon-to-be sister, Willow."

Willow wiggled her fingers. "I'm her favorite sister."

"I'm editing that out." I laughed and handed her my phone with the questions.

"I thought you did this already," Willow said as she read the questions.

"I did, but I realized after I finished that my camera wasn't recording and the battery died." I pushed her arm off my shoulders. "Start the questions!"

"The original Sims." Willow read. "The best author debut."

"Grab the first Harry Potter book, please," I asked Willow.

"That's a debut?" Willow asked me as she looked for it.

"It came out in '97, and her other books are from this century." I shrugged.

"Here you go." She handed me the worn-out paperback.

"I'm going with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling." I held the book up as I spoke. "Like is there a more iconic debut? Literally, our childhood right here."

I jumped when I felt someone tapped me on my shoulder; I paused the video and removed my headphones.

"Gabriel!" I glared at my best friend. "You scared me."

"Well, you weren't answering the half dozen times I said your name." He shrugged and walked over to my little reading corner. "So I tapped your shoulder."

"Sorry, I'm editing." I gestured towards my computer, notebook, and pen.

"Your editing process is weird." Gabe smiled at me and sat in the white reading chair. "Most people would edit as they go."

"I like to do everything together, so shut up." I pushed back my chair and walked over to him. "How are you doing?"

"Fine, Cam's staying over while his apartment building is being debugged or whatever." He shrugged and leaned back in his seat.

"That must be fun." I sat in my yellow seat that was against my right bookcase.

"Are we not going to talk about Friday night?" Gabe nudged my leg with his foot.

"Do we have to?" I groaned. I wish I could forget it, but my brain likes reminding me of it.

"Yes, Sophia." He rolled his eyes but was still smiling softly. "We have to talk about how we swam in a hotel pool naked just hours after graduating high school."