{7}

Serendipity
finding something good without looking for it

"Okay, I'm gonna go." Ariel sighed as she got up from the bed. "I don't want to be driving over that bridge at night."

"Crash here in your bed, Ari." Willow yawned and turned the TV off with the remote. "Dads left it for a reason."

"You okay with that?" She raised her eyebrows and looked past Willow to me.

"Yeah, Gabe is probably gonna crash with Robbie or go home." I shrugged and cleaned up the trash before exiting the room to the kitchen. I was washing the dishes and loading the dishwasher when Ariel came out.

"So what's going on with you and Gabe?" She took over washing the dishes. "Are you dating or something?"

"Or something." I hopped up onto the island next to Ariel's purse and crossed my legs at the ankle. "We decided to become friends with benefits a couple of weeks ago," I added when she motioned for me to elaborate.

"Really? Didn't think either of you would be the causal sex kind of people." She shrugged and finished washing the dishes and loading them into the dishwater then running it.

Right as I went to answer her, the front door opened and voices flooded the silence. Dads and the boys were back.

"Hey, girls." Dad smiled at us on his way to his bedroom while Papa came into the kitchen to start dinner; it's his night to cook.

"Hey." Ariel wiped her hands off before grabbing her purse. "I'll be back after I get my things, okay?"

"Okay." I frowned as she darted out of the house without waiting for my answer or looking at the boys even though Robbie said hey. "How were your days? I was stuck with a sick Willow."

*****

"Hi, I'm Sophia-"

"Hi, I'm Sophia, and today-ow!" Gabe rubbed the back of his back. "What the fuck did you throw at me?"

"An eraser." I glared at him, laying on my bed before turning back to the camera. "Shut up, I need to do this video."

"You won't die if you don't review Carrie, Soph." He told me. "Also, I can see your bra through your shirt."

"No, you can't." I looked down at my shirt, and sure enough, my bra was indeed visible. "Seriously?"

"Seriously." He stripped his plaid button-up off and tossed it at me. "But that's better than your nipples being visible."

I laughed and caught his shirt; I slid my arms through the sleeves and buttoned it up before going back to making my video. "Hi-"

"Why are you doing a review of Carrie?" Gabe asked me as he walked over to the little reading nook. He just shrugged when I glared at him again.

"Be quiet, or I'll make you make a video with me," I warned and tried yet again to do my intro.

"You didn't answer my question." He closed his eyes and sighed when he realized he had spoken out loud.

"You fucker." I tossed Carrie onto my desk. "That's it, come here and put your mouth to use."

"Sophia!" Gabe turned bright red at my words.

"Get your mind out of the gutter, Gabriel." I rolled my eyes and grabbed a couple of random books from my shelves. "You know that's not what I meant."

"Sorry, that's where my mind instantly goes these days." I set the books on my desk and smacked the back of his head.

"Why are you like this?" I asked him right as he asked, "What are we doing?"