{6}

Blush
develop a pink tinge in the face from embarrassment or shame

"Stop hitting me," Gabe grumbled and turned away from me as I smacked his arm.

"I hate you," I told him and stuck a bookmark in Carrie so my spot wouldn't be lost. "This book is boring. I'm disappointed."

"Would you rather have me go grab my copy of It?" He yawned and pushed himself into a sitting position. "I'm sure you'll love it."

I rolled my eyes and went back to reading Carrie as Gabe bent down to grab his boxers. "Hey, quick question."

"About the book?"

"No." I set the book down because long hair is annoying and needs to be in a ponytail 24/7. "About last night."

"What about last night?"

"You hesitated after pushing my dress off. Why?" I bit my bottom lip and looked at him. He thought about my question as he pulled his jeans on.

"I wasn't hesitating, and I was staring because I was surprised." He tossed me something from the floor. "You have work today, right?"

"Closing." I pulled the shirt he threw at me on anyway. "Why were you surprised? You've seen me in lace before." And less.

"Yeah, but never red lingerie." I saw him blush as he went over to my dresser to get a clean shirt out of his drawer on the bottom right.

"Lace." I corrected him and tossed my sheets and comforter back as I got up. "I don't own lingerie."

Gabe pressed his lips together and looked at me. "Pretty sure it was lingerie."

"Just because it has lace-" I opened my underwear drawer and pulled out a pair of boy shorts.

"The bra didn't have the cup padding." He interrupted me. "Therefore, it is lingerie."

"Bralettes, dumbass." I rolled my eyes as I wiggled into my shorts from yesterday. "They don't always have the pads, but if you want to see me in lingerie-" I winked at him. "-just ask."

His cheeks got pink, and he avoided looking at me. "Shut up. I haven't seen you in a red bralette then."

"How? I own like three." I laughed at him and zipped my shorts. "Was it the lace or the color that had you staring? Either answer will be a surprise because you've seen me naked how many times?"

"Shut up." He kept looking away from me as he pulled a shirt on. "I don't pay attention to that because you have all your clothes because we're hanging out, or I'm too busy taking your clothes off in the dark."

The doorbell went off before I could continue teasing him. I stuck my tongue out at him then left my room to answer the door since the Dads were out, and Wills was sleeping, and to my surprise, it was Rob on the other side.

"Hey, stranger." I smiled and opened the door wider for him to enter. "Come on in. I'm about to make breakfast."

"Thanks." He smiled as he entered. "Is Gabe up yet?"

"Yeah, he's getting dressed." I got a mug off the rack and poured myself a cup of coffee. "Want a cup?"

"Nah, I already a cup back home." He politely declined. "Nice shirt."

"Thanks." I wasn't listening to him as I dumped some sugar and cream into my coffee. How Willow and Dad can drink it black is beyond Pap and me; Ariel doesn't understand how any one of us can drink it period. "So, why are you looking for Gabe?"

"We're going surfing again since we both have the day off." He looked away from the shirt and was trying not to laugh. Are my nipples visible or something?