quiet mornings alone.

lowercase intended

***

scott misses mornings like these, sun scattered on tanned skin and soft breaths chilling his own as he blinks sweet dreams from his vision. he misses waking to fingers resting on his hip and sleeping lips pressed to his chest and cold toes on the backs of his ankles, centimeters from his heels and curling around his legs.

since volume iv was released, since pentatonix became bigger and better and superfruit took off with it, sleep had become more of a blessing than it had in high school; even then, however, he'd willingly take insomnia for the chance to wake every morning to his angel still touched by sleep.

there was something ethereal about mitch when he was awake, when he was alive with his music and swayed to his heartbeat and breathed the energy of a song all his own, but there was something celestial about him when he was asleep, when in his mind he was still curled with the moon and holding hands with the sun, when he is a goddess in the most pure form.

fans speculate and insist that the tenor is his own conspiracy theory, an angel fallen from heaven or an art painted by aphrodite and the mousai, and despite how the two constantly approach the questions with sincerity and humor scott is quick to admit every time that he agrees; he is as sure of mitch's infinite beauty as he was the first day they met all those years ago.

he wishes he could pick this moment from the strands of time and play it on a loop, wished that the uninterrupted silence could keep them paused in this moment, that they could stay unnoticed from the world for however long they pleased so long as they stayed together.

with a quiet sigh he shifts, holds mitch to his chest just a bit tighter and lets his kiss linger on the brunette's face everywhere he can reach, soft and gentle so that his lovely's peace goes undisturbed just a while longer.

he sighs and quiets and sleeps, dips back into his world where mitch is a goddess and they write the world's symphony together.

***

hi this was entirely different from what i was planning but that's okay because that just means i can stock up on the updates.

for anyone interested, i'm going to publish another one-shot collection soon titled "lovely." composed entirely of scomiche one-shots inspired by twenty one pilots songs. if there's any songs you want to see feel free to comment <3

this isn't something i usually ask but if at all possible, please vote and comment. not just on my one-shots, but also one anyone else you read and on art and just creative shit. i get if you can't, or just don't want to, but i just want you all to know it really makes a difference to an artist or fanfic writer or singer, etc, when we see a comment. even something as simple as "DSKJSD" makes me feel really fucking special because it means you liked it, in some way/form, and the fact that you took the time to comment makes creators feel like they just met ptx, i assure you. because it means we aren't doing this for nothing, and that something is coming out of us taking our time to write something we're scared to put out. releasing our work, in any way, is really scary because we leave ourselves open for all types of criticism, and it feels amazing to know there are people on our side no matter what.

i'd also like to sincerely thank you all for over 7K views and 400 votes. i'm still convinced that at least a thousand of them are me rereading my work and pointing out mistakes or finding quotes i like or reading comments, but that's still a bunch more that aren't because of me and that's a nice thing to realize. plus, 489 votes is a big deal, especially when i've never in my entire life voted on one of my own chapters. those are 489 unique votes, and that makes me feel like i'm king of the world because that means that at least 10+ people have voted on every single chapter thus far and that's a beautiful thing to think about, to realize. i would like to personally thank every last one of you who has been with me up until this point, who has been here since august and september and reads every chapter and doesn't plan on leaving anytime soon, and i'd like to thank everyone who hasn't been here since the beginning, the ones who randomly found it in january or march or even april but still stops and takes the time to continue. thank you to everyone who comments and votes and thank you to the friends who put with my annoying "subtle" mentions of my stories and reads just to make me happy, regardless of whether you like it or not.

thank you <3

(ps i'm working on the author's commentary chapter)

(pss fun fact i never edit my author's notes, i glimpse over them and then publish everything as is)