merry christmas eve.

Warning: mpreg.

***

Mitch grins as he shakes one of his presents wrapped in a festive Spongebob wrapping paper, fingers curled tight around the edges of the box and listening for any indication as to its contents. It is a fairly big box, one he is sure has a semi-familiar shape and weight to it, and he bites into his bottom lip as he contemplates what its contents could be.

Ever since they were young they'd made a habit of opening one present each on Christmas Eve, a torturous prologue to Christmas day where they'd be able to open all of their gifts. Since they began dating three years ago they'd only spent one Christmas together in their shared home, the others being spent either together or separated whilst in Texas with old friends and new family, but now they are here at home and the young tenor is sure he'd be more excited about spending the holiday with his fiancé if he just knew what was in this damn box.

"Oh my God Mitch, just open it," Scott laughs from where he is leaving the kitchen, their matching Sesame Street mugs clasped in his palms and billowing smoke from the – hopefully – alcoholic hot chocolate that had been poured inside.

The brunette in particular huffs playfully, a pointed glare being shot Scott's way as he carefully lowers the gift to the floor. His fingers are already working at the paper, even as he responds "Don't hate on my magic, Scott", and whatever Scott was planning on doing or saying in response is interrupted by Mitch's pleased squeal when the box is revealed to be a new entertainment system, along with a custom CD to go along with it.

"Scotty oh my God!" He gasps, gently placing the CD to the side and tugging the heavy box out of its wrapped shell. He inspects it, tilts it on its side and reads off the included turntable and Bluetooth feature and radio and more, even as his blonde counterpart reaches for one of his own presents.

Mitch looks up just before he begins to tear at the custom made Beyoncé-themed wrapping paper the brunette had also gifted him with, and is quick to shout "No!" and rip the present from his grasp. The baritone is shocked, an indignant response on the tip of his tongue as he reaches for the object, but his best friend is placing it back amongst the others and replacing it with another that he hadn't initially noticed before.

"Here, open this..." He says, biting into his bottom lip nervously whilst Scott warily removes it from his grasp.

Whatever it is it is thin, a perfect square that is only an inch or two tall and about four inches long and wide, and the blonde jokingly asks if it is a box of condoms in an attempt at lessening the tension that had settled over the room as he tears at the paper.

Except it isn't a package of condoms (not that he really thought it would be), nor anything he'd expected to find. Placed in the box is a letter, hastily written in Mitch's familiar handwriting on a small square of pink and blue paper. Scott removes it, an obvious question on his tongue, and discovers a small stick was hidden underneath it; a pregnancy test.

His breath hitches, blue eyes glancing up to meet their dark counterpart, and he wants it to be true, wishes for it to be true, but Mitch only gestures for him to open the letter, lets his anxiety take over and break their gaze. The blonde complies, hesitantly peels open the paper and feels tears roll down his cheeks when his eyes land on the scrawled "Merry Christmas (Eve) <3" at the top and the grainy black and white image taped to the bottom.

"Are you..." He looks up, has a million thoughts and questions running through his head, and he is so thankful he is marrying his best friend, his soulmate, the only person who knows him better than himself, because Mitch appears as if he has already prepared all of his answers, was prepared for this.

"I'm almost 4 months," he whispers, lips in a small smile, a nervous one. "I'm not entirely sure how; the doctor doesn't want to run any tests or anything until the baby is born, to avoid affecting pregnancy or causing birth defects." His smile fades, along with his voice, and his eyes drift away as his fingers pull at each other. "I found out a few weeks ago, and I'm so, so sorry I didn't tell you, but I was terrified of how you would react – I still am. I don't...I don't know how it happened, or why, but if you don't want to keep them I won't force you to stay with me, or we could even get rid of them, if you really truly want to, but I..."

He is rambling now, his anxiety taking control of his speech and actions, and he is pleasantly surprised when Scott launches forward and pulls him tight to his chest, as if he's afraid that if he lessens his hold both Mitch and their child will disappear.

"Don't you fucking dare," he whispers, squeezing the brunette once, then loosening his hold the slightest bit, terrified of accidentally crushing his baby, their baby. "Don't you dare, for the slightest moment, ever think I would leave you, and don't you dare get rid of this child. I'm so..." He sniffs, tears falling into Mitch's hair, and he finally thinks to hug back, to hold Scott just as tight. "I'm so, so happy. I can't wait to start a family with you."

They sit there for what feels like forever, crying together and refusing to let one another go, but then Scott gently pulls away from Mitch, prying the confused and pouting brunette's arms off of him. He gently tugs at the hem of his lover's sweater until he gets the hint to pull it off, and then pale fingers are lightly brushing against tan skin, rubbing at his stomach and over the barely noticeable bump. "The doctor says it'll take a few weeks before I'll begin really showing, even a bit, since I'm male." Mitch says as Scott shuffles down so that his nose can nuzzle into his fiancée's stomach.

"Hi, tiny," the blonde whispers to Mitch' tummy, his breath tickling the skin there and making Mitch giggle. "I'm your new daddy. I can't wait until I meet you. I can't wait until you're here." He glances up at Mitch, at his best friend, at his husband his wife his future, and he can't stop the wide smile that his lips spread into. "Best Christmas present ever."

***

Really late Christmas Eve one-shot; I literally rewrote this five million times and I apologize that it's late but I hope it was good enough to make up for it. It helps that I'm on my grandparents' laptop since I'm with them at the moment, so I should be done with a few Christmas shots by tomorrow or Friday; just in time for New Year's!

Did everyone have a wonderful holiday?

I can't wait for Iceland I'm so happy Mitch is finally fulfilling his dream oh my God.

Can anyone else tell that I have no idea what to write here? Holy shit what am I.

Hope this shot is good, and that you all had a nice holiday, and that everyone is doing okay and is fine and are happy because that's all you guys deserve <3

Love you all, bye <333

(PS: guys pls I still take requests I need ideas)

(PSS: dm me on twitter my dms are open my @ is deathtailonline)