👨‍👦

Jay's POV
3 months later

I heard the phone in my office ringing so I went to get off of B but she quickly pulled me back down.

B: it can wait.

S: baby you got me 24/7 a 5 minute phone call won't hurt.

She sighed and pouted. She let me go but before I went I smothered her in kisses leaving her in our bedroom giggling.

I sprinted to my office and answered the phone.

J: hello?

?: hello is this Shawn Carter?

J: this is he, how can I help you?

?: I'm rosá from Shelly's foster home and it has just come to our attention that we have your son in our care.

I froze as if I had seen a ghost.

S: uh... excuse me?

?: we have your 11 year old son in care. His name is Trevor Carter.

S: s-sorry but um I-... the last girl I got pregnant who was my girlfriend died. Ho-how would I be a father if I wasn't with anyone else?

?: it says here on his records that although his mother died he survived.

J: they didn't tell me that at the hospital.

?: I'm sorry sir but that's all the information I have for you. Ultimately I called to see if you'd have Trevor in your care.

J: absolutely

I said quickly. He's my son there's no second thought about this.

?: that's great. Will tomorrow be a good time to pick him up?

J: yeah.

?: alright come by anytime we'll be expecting you. Thank you Mr. Carter.

J: thank you bye

?: bye

I stood there leaning on the front of my desk just thinking of the shock. Suddenly I felt hands on my back making me jump. I turned and it was B.

B: you act like you've seen a ghost.

She giggled. Her smile turned into a frown as she reached out to stroke my cheek.

B: what is it?

S: y-you remember my old girlfriend, the one who died in the car accident Daniela?

B: yes what about her?

S: remember how I said she was pregnant?

She nodded.

S: well all these years I thought our baby died with her when really he's alive. The foster home just called and asked if I can put him in my custody.

B: ... wow

She said shocked.

B: so you said yeah?

I nodded making her do the same thing.

J: sorry I didn't ask for your-gco

B: babe it's ok. I understand. It's your child I wouldn't expect you to be slow to say yes. I certainly wouldn't. He's family we just have to make sure he's comfortable.

I nodded.

J: I gotta meet him first. I'm nervous.

I said as I looked down. B lifted my chin and pecked my lips.