I Need You To Know

THE SAME DAY
NIGHTTIME
Beyoncé's pov

It's like 11pm right now, I couldn't sleep so I'm gonna see if Solange is up so we can talk. I leave jay and Blue in bed together but I couldn't help but admire the way jay holds Blue in his chest. It's so cute so I took a picture.

I went to Solange's room to see her laid in bed just looking out of the window. I walked and she looked at me then returned her eyes to the window. I sighed and got in bed with her and laid next to her.

B: I think we need to talk

I said gently. She slowly turned around to me but there was still a small gap in between us. I think she knew what about which is why she didn't ask.

B: you know I love you right?

She looked up at me kind of shocked. She nodded slowly.

B: I know we haven't known each other for long but at the end of the day I'm your big sister and I gotta love and protect you. Which is why our conversation we had this morning matters and I need you to think about what was said.

She looked down for a moment then looked back up.

S: I'm sorry for cursing.

B: it's alright just don't do it again especially in front of blue. She's at that age where she can copy anything and it can become a habit.

She nodded.

B: you see what I just did?

She frowned in confusion.

B: I forgave you for something that could've potentially affect my child's language if you kept cursing.

She still looked kind of lost.

B: and you know why I did that? Because I knew you didn't know any better. I could've still held a grudge against you like you do to mom but I chose to forgive you because I know you can do better.

There was a silence from her.

S: what's the point?

She asked gently.

B: the point is, sometimes people make mistakes in life. Everyone at some point will make a big mistake that they regret for the rest of their lives. My mistake was probably giving my body away at clubs when I was very young. Mom's big mistake was abusing us when we did nothing wrong. But just like me, mom pushed past it and kept moving and actually bettered herself. This is why she's back in my life because I know she knows better now. It took me about a year and a half to trust her especially with Blue. I kept thinking at the back of my head I'm putting my family in danger but she proved me wrong. She's not the same as how she used to be. And she wants you to see that. She loves you so much and I do too. And I would never put you in harms way if I knew she hasn't changed. I'm not asking you to forgive her straight away but take baby steps.

S: why are you making me forgive her when before you said I didn't have to?

She asked gently.

B: because forgiveness is important. If you don't forgive you can't be forgiven for your wrongdoings. And we all do wrong sometimes so Holding a grudge against someone won't help you at all. I know you're unhappy and I know the reason deep down is because you haven't learnt to forgive mom.

She nodded.

B: and me as your sister I want you to be happy so I need you to do this not for me or even mom but for yourself. It's important you have piece of mind and not go back to the past because we can't change what happened.