CHAPTER -07

Five... Four...Three... Two...One

I quickly opened my eyes, after counting mentally, to see the same guy whom I dreaded the most.. no scratch that repugnated the most holding me. All the blood drained off my face, realising it was Luke whom I was clinging onto for my dear life. My heart beat erratically while my brain opted for the  other option. Shocked at my proximity with Luke, I detach him immediately. My bad as it turns out to be the worst idea ever. Falling backwards I slide across the floor and as I had  anticipated before,leaving me no time to pray for my dear life,my head collides with something hard.

A groan escaped my lips as I deal with the infallible throbbing of my head. My vision starts to blur as the stupid ride finally stops it's mad jerking gradually coming to an end. I slowly push myself off the the floor, staggering off the ride along with others who themselves were moving more like in a drunken stupor. I tried to ease the pain by massaging the area where I hit my head. But even the slightest touch caused pain to sear throughout my head more intensely. I stumbled my way to the stairs connected with the ride as black spots start to cover my vision. That's when my knees buckled under me and I felt myself fall off the stairs. It was as though all my body parts have become involuntary and were working on their own. My brain didn't even give the slightest idea to catch hold of something, to save myself from yet another injury. But before I could hit the ground, something.. or someone caught me by my waist in an iron like grip making me collide with a hard chest... I guess. This sudden action caused my eyes to fly open, to see the most stunning pair of clear blue eyes, twinkling with amusement, staring back at me.
The last thing I remember was those black spots covering my vision again with the onset of excruciating throb of my head. And people, this cataclysmic day of my life came to an end, with my eyes rolling back into it's sockets and  me ultimately passing out in the arms of a stranger.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

LUKE'S POV

🎼Work work work work work work.
He said me haffi
Work work work work work work.
He see me do mi
Dirt dirt dirt dirt dirt dirt
And so me put in work work work work work work.
When you ah guh
Learn learn learn learn learn learn........🎼

The distant sound of that annoying song made me stir in my sleep. But hearing that song ever so often made me believe that I was dreaming or something.
Not even attempting to open my eyes to find where the noise was coming from, proved to be a bad idea after all. That song played again and again until I flipped off my bed, sleepwalking my way towards the direction of that sound, nevertheless stumbling across my own things scattered on the floor, to eventually find that damn phone ringing in my jean pocket like there's no tomorrow. Before I could fish it out and take a look at the insane caller, my phone started ringing again with that monotonous song which drove me crazy like hell.

Slowly my sleepy self faded away , only to give way to a scowl to take over my face. Damn that girl. This was the girl who set this stupid ringtone on my phone, and never allowed me to change it, I may add. Trying hard to stifle the range of curses leaving my mouth, I put on my cool demeanor before answering the call.

"Luke!!" She cooed from the other end. Cool she just made my day by  ruining my peaceful sleep after my intense work out session.

Few hours later...

After the shower I raced into the bedroom , throwing a pair of dark jeans and a button down shirt.
"Time to get this over with that bitch " I mumbled as I made my way down the flight of  stairs and got out of my house.
Selena, she was the girl whom I willingly put money on, which was the sick thing I have ever done in my life. You'd probably be wondering why a hot guy like me would be whining about a girl. Let's go back a bit...