CHAPTER-03

"No Bree I am not into this".

"Wait,first hear me out".

"No I don't want to get myself in trouble".

"Don't diss my plans. My plans have always helped many problems to get solved."

"And given us many more to worry about" I add thinking about the disasters Bree's so called 'plans' have lead us into.

"My plans are lifesavers".Bree said whilst crossing her arms across her chest.

"Seriously?" I scoff in disbelief shaking my head.
"What about that one you made for Allan Bruce in year 10?" I raise my eyebrow laughing as Bree's cheeks redden.

"That wasn't my fault". She defends herself.

"Yeah it was,you told him that Fay was a steak lover and was passionate about dance. On the date,the poor girl felt nauseous and threw up in the restaurant cause it turns out that she was a vegetarian and sucks at dance". I say.

While we were busy arguing ,my mom called me to her room.

Crap time for 'the talk' session,I groaned mentally.

"Hold on" I told Bree and ran to my mom's room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

After what seemed like ages of boredom about self-discipline and stuff like that,I finally promised mom to render Luke what she called a 'heartfelt apology', secretly crossing my fingers behind to renege it.

I started walking towards my room when I heard weird strumming noises from Mikhail's room. Well I know he was pissed off by Luke's so called innocent act but not to this extent. He always plays his electric guitar even though he doesn't know to play it,when he's really raging with anger.

I slowly opened the door to see him sitting in his bed with his back facing the door. I went and sat across him. He stopped strumming and waited for me.
But sue me,I didn't know what to say or how to start. Seeing me sitting helpless he spoke up breaking the silence.

"You want to say something nikki?" He asked me dragging me out of my thoughts.
I racked my brains trying to remember why exactly I came here.

"Yes" I replied after a few seconds.
"I came here to ask you about the game Luke mentioned out there. I need some explanation". I said whilst crossing my arms across my chest.
He stiffened on hearing me,ever so lightly that you couldn't make out if weren't paying close attention.
"Did that jerk pull you into some kind of bet?"

He remained silent which meant I surmised it right. I waited for him to go on.

"Yes" he finally confessed. You remember that party last friday?". I nodded as flashes of that friday played in my head. Mikhail was in a state of drunken stupor and I was his only sober driver who could escort him home. So he called me up at around 3.30 that night to pick him up.

"I was really slouched and waiting for you in Gary's porch,when that slime ball saw me sitting there and purposely started to talk about  Elena and it got me pissed off". He said, anger smoldering his eyes whilst clenching his fists.

Elena was my brother's crush in year 9. He was really good then and never underestimated ladies as he's doing right now. He  fell hard for her and all he got in return was seeing her kiss another hot guy in front of him. He was beyond hurt when she introduced him to that hot lad as her good friend,even though they had dated for few months. Later he came to know that Elena was Luke's cousin which took him by shock and made him change his attitude towards girls drastically. He never fell or dated any girls after that incident. Any girl of that matter,he just kept them for a week and then moved on to another one.

"Hey you there?"Mikhail asked  snapping his fingers in front of me.
"Yeah ,go on." I said dislodging my train of thoughts.

"So I stood up to sunder him when he stopped me saying that he would like to have a football match instead of a fight. I asked him what I would get in return if I took to play with him and he was like if I win he will stop playing pranks on you." He said with a grim expression on his face. I was left speechless.

Seeing me sitting there dumbfounded he again started to pick the strings faster which came loose due to the force, cutting his finger.

"Damn" he muttered licking his fingers while I stood up to go grab a first - aid kit from mom's room.

"Nikki don't" he said stopping me "I'm fine, just leave me alone".

"I don't mind doing it" I said whilst moving further.

"It all started with you" he mumbled,stopping me again.

"What?" I asked spinning around to face him.

"You heard me" he said "it all started with you" his words were spiked with accusation which took me by surprise.

"Seriously Mikhail? Do you accuse me for  your carelessness?"

"That's not what I meant,it's because of you I am dealing with that cocky kid, it's because you I'm always on look out for kids who are bullying you,it's because of you I'm humiliated by my buddies for having a fraidy-cat  like you always living in my shadows." He stopped his breathless ranting, widening his eyes for the last sentence he blurted out.

"Which means all these years you have been embarrassed to have a sister like me" I told him trying hard to smother my tears.

Seeing me go stark hurt by his words,he gave me a sympathetic look which stirred something in me.

"Don't Mikhail, I don't need your sympathy anymore. I'll face my own problems and thanks for being honest with me after all these  years. I won't be a burden for you anymore." I said before giving him sarcastic smile and storming out of the room.

"Wait nikki that's not what I meant " he yelled after me, but I didn't stop this time and ran to my room without paying deed for his words.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A/N
>>>>>PICTURE TO THE SIDE -BRIANNA FLORENCE>>>>>>

THAT'S A BIT OF LONG A CHAPTER TO MAKE IT UP FOR THE DELAYED UPDATE.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

LOVE AND HUGS♥♥♥♥