Thirteen.

Thirteen:

Holding his breath, Dan swerved the car into a deserted parking lot as a police car zoomed by.
"We've stolen a car. They could have taken us to prison there and then." Phil muttered once the sirens had quietened and the flashing lights dulled into darkness.
"Which is why we are ditching it." Dan urged, slamming the breaks and opening the door. Phil watched him, then followed his lead. Once they were standing next to eachother, Dan sighed, creating a fog of breath from his lips.
"Where do we go now?" Phil asked, slipping one of his frozen hands into Dans. When warmth smothered it, the corners of Phil's mouth turned up in a fragile smile. Dan dropped his head, tracing the cracks in the ground with the top of his shoe.
"How much money do you have?" Dan questioned.
"On me right now? Just a little more than fifty." Phil's eyebrows met in a frown.
Dan shoved his free hand into his pocket and pulled out some money notes. Once he had counted them, he opened his mouth to speak. "Eighty."
There was a moment of silence where only the scraping of Dans shoe was to be heard.
"Not enough to stay at a fancy hotel, but it'll be enough to become residents of a bed and breakfast for a couple of nights, I should think." Dan insisted.
"What about your belongings?" Phil whispered, eyes resting upon the back seat of the car. Dan shrugged then opened the door, slinging his bag over his chest. Kicking the door shut, his grip on Phil's hand grew tighter as he began to walk away from the parking lot, dragging Phil along with him.

With the issue of neither of them having a watch on them, Dan and Phil didn't know how long it had taken for them to wearily walk the streets in search for a place to stay, but when they finally found a decent bed and breakfast inn, rays of sunlight were pouring through the sky. Phil's expression morphed into one of pure delight, whilst Dan looked as if he was about to curl up and sleep on the check-in desk. They added their money together and handed it to the owner of the place as they scribbled Dan and Phils' names into a folder labelled 'residents.' The owner informed them they could stay for two days, but any longer and they would have to cough up a higher percentage of cash. Marching up a worn out, tacky staircase, they came to the top floor which was where their room was said to be. Hovering outside the door, Phil clumsily tried to unlock it, dropping the keys twice until Dan shoved him out of the way to unlock it himself. Stumbling into their room, both of them roamed around, each footstep creating a squeak on the dusty, unpolished floorboards. There were no curtains draping from the rail above the window, the toilet had no seat and the double beds cream covers were littered with food markings. When the boys' eyes met, Dan groaned before he placed his hands on his hips.
"Double bed." Dan rolled his eyes.
"That's the least bad thing here. Look, there's mould in the bathtub!" Phil gasped, pointing and jumping about.
"I need to sleep before I pass out." Dan croaked, rubbing his eyes. "But the covers don't look so appealing."
"What side do you want?" Phil questioned with his head on its side, referring to the bed.
Dan bit at his lower lip, ignoring Phil's question completely. "Do you think all the rooms are like this or is it because we didn't give good money?" Sitting down at the bottom of the bed, it creaked noisily.
Phil closed his eyes as he grinned. "That sound rules out any plans I had made." He poked his tongue out cheekily as Dans eyes widened.
"Phil!" He accused, sounding dismayed. Dan expected him to laugh it off, but Phil waggled his eyebrows suggestively.
"I don't have anything else to wear. Can I borrow some things from you?" Phil murmured, altering back to his angelic self as he fluttered his eyelashes with a childish pout. Dan nodded hesitantly, throwing his bag to Phil who caught it effortlessly.
"I'm so stressed." Dan sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.
"No wonder." Phil began, a crooked smirk playing on his lips. "You've been naughty, Daniel, dragging me into this mess. We're in so much trouble, y'know." Dan glanced up at him, but couldn't look away as he got lost in those ocean coloured eyes. They didn't speak as Dan looked Phil up and down. When their eyes met once again, Dan licked his lips. It was a quick move, but it told Phil everything he needed to know as he turned on his heel and walked into the bathroom, thumping the door closed audibly.

When he reentered the bedroom, Dan was laying on his back in bed, the bed sheets a tangled mess on the floor. Phil had changed into a pair of Dans pyjama bottoms. Mismatched socks pattered along the floor.
"What did they ever do to you?" Phil giggled, chin jeering at the covers.
"They smell horrible." Dan hissed, shuffling to the edge of his side of the bed as Phil climbed in. Once they were settled, Dan rested his arm across his eyes as sunlight seeped into the room. A few minutes later, Dan fidgeted before giving up.
"This room sucks." Dan announced, and Phil chuckled, nodding in agreement, moving closer to Dan to poke at his dimples. Then he shifted, leaning on his elbow as his face blocked Dans view of the crumbling ceiling.
"You're not helping either." Dan laughed. It made Phil happy to know Dan was more comfortable around him now, as he had no hat on and his dainty cat ears twitched. When Phil rested a hand on Dans bare chest, Dan batted it away. "I'm never going to able to sleep!" Dan whined, yawning on cue. Phil let out a desperate groan from his throat and Dan blinked, lips falling apart. Taking the opportunity as his, Phil ducked his head down, lips catching Dans in his own. Dans eyes stretched wide at first, but he soon closed them, holding the back of Phil's head to press their lips together more firmly. They poured all the lust that had been growing for so long into the kiss. Dans tail wrapped around Phil's waist, letting him know that he didn't want him to move, that he wanted them to stay just like this. It was perfect and had been what they had both wanted for so long. Phil wove his hands into Dans hair and opened his mouth slightly, deepening the kiss. Both of them were finally proving how much they meant to eachother. There were not enough good words to describe how they were both feeling or how right that moment felt. Whatever tiredness, upset or worry they had been feeling all melted away, and all their focus was turned on eachother.