Eleven.

Eleven:

Huddled in the corner of the room was a trembling Phil. Although he should've been studying and preparing for upcoming exams, he wouldn't have been able to concentrate anyway.
Not now.
He could've done something to distract himself but it was too much of an effort to even stand. So he sat, wallowing in his sea of upset, his lion friend in his hands and a blanket draped over his shoulders. He felt ridiculous that he was making a big deal out of this, but to him, it just was. Dan still meant a lot to him and all he could think of was how he may never see him again. They had both had a huge impact on eachothers lives, in the best way possible. Phil wasn't going to cry, he had no energy to. Bowing his head, Phil sighed, trying to tell himself that everything would be okay. One thing he didn't understand was why Dan hadn't told him he was leaving today. Although he might not have wanted to upset Phil further, Phil would've loved to have spent the day with him. They could've sneaked to that café they both liked so much, or even stayed secluded in their room talking. Phil would've preferred to have been happy seeing Dan off, rather than making Dan see what an emotional wreck he was becoming.
Light raspy knocks were placed on the door outside. When Phil didn't answer, they continued growing louder. Why couldn't whoever it was just leave him alone? The knocking was making his head hurt.
"It's open, come in." He croaked weakly, pulling the blanket quickly over him. Hiding underneath it, he was greeted by darkness. It was peaceful somehow. Phil felt as though he could escape all of his worries if he just stayed crammed into the corner. The door screeched open, giving a horror movie effect. Phil held his lion closer to his chest. Soft footsteps rang throughout Phil's ears, getting noisier the more they travelled towards him.
The person who was in the room gasped, muttering a few words. Phil threw back the blanket, letting out a highly skilled roar. He regretted it though a few seconds later as the person towering over him was the staff lady, plus she looked incredibly uncomfortable. Clambering to his feet, Phil cleared his throat.
"Sorry." He smoothed his hair down and straightened out his shirt. "What can I help you with, is Dan okay?"
The lady nodded, a smile plastering itself onto her tiny, red lips. "I saw him get driven off a while ago. He may even have just arrived home." Delight and relief rushed through Phil knowing that his friend was alright. The lady continued. "I was just coming to inform you that you will have a new roommate. Not straight away, of course. But..." Her words trailed off as she took a glance around the messy room.
She pulled a face, and Phil let out a light chuckle. "I'll get this place cleaned up."
The staff lady nodded and moved to the exit of the room. Suddenly, she collided with someone, and was halfway through an apology when she shrieked. Phil rushed over, trying to peer around her as she stood at the threshold, to see what was going on.
"What're you doing here?" The staff member asked, not hiding their surprise.
"I left something behind and it's important to me." An articulate voice murmured. "So I came back to get it."
No way. It couldn't be...
The lady stepped out of her professional state for a minute or two to groan. Then, she facepalmed. Not saying another word, she stepped around the person and made her way down the hallway, leaving Phil to move and anxiously peek around the doorframe.
Standing there, with an apologetic smile on their face, was Dan.
Phil had to stop himself from screaming out with joy. Dan had came back for him!
Leaping over to him, Dan almost toppled over as Phil captured his friend in a enormous hug. When they parted, Dan rested his hands on Phil's shoulders.
"Phil, I shouldn't have left you here, I was being literally the biggest asshole ever." Dan admitted. "I've come to take you home with me." He winked, but then paused. "Wait, oh. God, not like that, I mean. What I meant was I, that, uh." Dan frowned, making Phil let out a wholehearted laugh of amusement.
"You get what I mean. Unless you wanna stay?" Dan mentioned. Phil shook his head drastically.
"But, how can I go? I haven't filled out any paperwork and plus it takes a couple of days to go through." Phil pouted, still quite stunned that Dan was standing in front of him.
"Phil, oh innocent Phil." Dan grinned, eyes dancing with mischief. "We aren't going to take the easy route." Dan shoved his hands into his pockets to increase the badass vibe he was giving off. "We're going to be breaking the rules for this one." Dan finished, reaching a hand up and taking off his hat to reveal his cat ears. Phil raised a brow. Just what exactly had Dan got planned for him?