Chapter 16

Logan began to drive toward my doctor's office. We got there barely a minute before my appointment was set to start. When we walked in, we got checked in and sat for a few minutes before we were called back.

The nurse set up the sonogram, and I got extremely nervous. There was a knot in my stomach, and for some reason, it was worse than when I found out I was having the twins. Maybe it was because Logan was here with me this time, and I feared he would leave me if we were having yet another child. I knew he would never do that, so my stomach calmed down a little.

When we began the sonogram, I knew for sure that I was pregnant. I saw the all-too-familiar blob on the screen, except this time, there was only one. I squeezed Logan's hand, and he smiled down at me.

I knew that he was an excellent father to our boys now, but I couldn't wait to experience a pregnancy with him. He would be there for everything: the first movement, finding out the sex, mood swings, the birth, and everything in between. I couldn't wait to see him hold our baby because he was never able to hold Kai or Kane.

"Congratulations," the nurse told us while smiling at us. The conversation was limited in that room that night, but not much needed to be said. We got photos of the sonogram and soon left.

"Are we just going back to my parents' house now?" I wondered, getting in the passenger's seat so Logan could drive.

"Actually, no, we're not. We are going out to eat. I had a date planned for us anyway, but I guess this sonogram was just added on. Plus, if we went back to your parents' house this soon, they'd be suspicious," he told me as he started up the car.

"You are so smart," I smiled at the man I loved, who I had loved for years before that.

"I hope you think that. I didn't just leave you for four years for nothing," he joked. I nodded, and he realized that he'd picked the scab that was just beginning to heal. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Logan. I just feel so bad because I didn't see you for four years," I looked at my hands in my lap.

"That's partly my fault too," he told me. I shook my head vigorously.

"It's my fault 100%. I didn't want to see you because I knew I'd have to tell you if the boys were around when I was talking to you. It was completely my fault. I'm sorry," I apologized.

"Lil, we're here now, together. What else matters? I love you, and I know you love me. We have two amazing twin boys, and we're going to have another beautiful child soon. It doesn't matter what's in the past," he assured me and smiled at me as we were driving.

"Speaking of having another baby... when should we tell our parents? You just met your sons yesterday. How do you think they'll feel about us having another so soon?" I wondered.

He sighed and shrugged. We pulled into a restaurant, and Logan looked over at me. "Maybe we should get married, then?" He smiled widely.

"Are you saying what I think you're saying?" I questioned.

"Let me rephrase that. Will you marry me?" He asked and put his hand on my hand.

"Why wouldn't I?" I looked at him and smiled.

"I wasn't planning on proposing tonight... but I do have a ring with my stuff at the apartment," he chuckled.

"That's not what I care about, Logan," I rolled my eyes and put my head on his shoulder.

"I love you, Lily Abigail," he kissed my forehead.