Chapter 14

"What's wrong?" Logan asked me as he watched me. I must've made a weird face when I looked at the notification. I sighed and closed my eyes, trying not to cry. I realized now what was going on.

"Logan, could I talk to just you for a few minutes?" I asked. I gave the boys some toys and sat them on the ground, letting them play by themselves for a few minutes while Logan and I talked in another room.

"What is going on, Lily? What was that about back there? Did they find out something worse than the flu? Why would you say you don't need any other testing? Because if it would help you, I'd want you to get more testing. Plus, why did you look at your phone the way you did? Are you sure everything is alright with you and me? And the boys too? What about you and Jae-" He stopped talking when I pressed my lips against his. I pulled away, and he apologized. "I'm sorry for rambling."

"Just don't talk," I told him, breathing heavily. We kissed, and I pulled myself closer to him. After a minute, he pushed me away.

"Lily, we can't do this. The boys are right out there," He told me. I sighed and dropped down to the floor, sliding down against the wall. Logan sat down next to me.

"What is wrong, Lily?" He questioned.

"I don't have the flu," I told him.

"I wondered that when you kissed me," He chuckled. "It was just this morning that you wouldn't kiss me because you thought you had the flu. So if you don't have the flu, what's wrong?"

I showed him the notification on my phone. As he read it, I told him, "I didn't forget."

"Oh my-" he stopped himself and looked at me, surprised. "I just met my sons today, and I might be getting another child soon? But we've been using protection..."

"I know," I began to tear up.

"Lily, don't cry. I'll be here for you. You don't have to worry about that. Please don't be worrying about that. You won't go another day without me being here to help you. I want to stay here with you until Jaelyn gets back, too. Then, once I get my own place, you and the boys could move in with me."

"I'm not too sure about that. I don't know about anything right now. I need time to think things over."

"Lily, I want to be here for you and the boys. You need to spend time by yourself without having to worry about our boys being sick, too," Logan told me. I agreed with him, but I wasn't sure of what he was proposing.

"What do you mean by that? Are you gonna help me with the boys? You have work, though," I reminded him.

"I know I won't be able to help during the day, but I was thinking that I could help during the night. Just so you can get a good night's sleep. You need it if you are... you know," he paused, creating an awkward moment of silence. "And I don't want you getting sick."

"I guess that would be helpful. I can tell that the boys adore you. I'm just really surprised they didn't spill the beans before now."

"Yeah, I am too. So that's a yes on me staying here?" He wondered curiously and anxiously.

"Yes, it is. But I'm hoping you'll be open to taking the responsibilities overnight. You're the doctor here, but make sure that you clean their buckets after every time they puke. I'll give them their medicine before they go to bed, and I trust your judgment on what else to do during the night. I didn't get much sleep last night, so I think I'm going to go to bed earlier than usual tonight if that's alright."

"That's fine, Lily. Just give me a little while to go back to my parents' house and explain to them what I'm doing. Then I'll have to get some things to stay over. I'll be back hopefully within thirty minutes."

"Good. I'll see you in a bit," I smiled as we walked out of the hallway and toward the door for him to leave for a little while.

"Lil, I was just wondering... when are you going to, you know, take a test? Go to the doctor's office, maybe?" He asked before he left.

"I might go to the doctor's tomorrow... but would you mind getting me a test at the store tonight for me to take tomorrow?" I grinned, hoping he'd say yes.

"Anything for you, beautiful," he replied gleefully.

"Thanks, Logy," I kissed his cheek as he left.

*Logan's POV*

I left and went to my parents' house, explaining to them where I'd been and what I was doing there. I told them the whole story about how I'd already known about the boys and how we'd face-timed a lot. I told them about the doctor's office this morning, too. I told them how the boys were sick and that I was going to spend the next few nights there. It was a lot of information for them to take in, but they were happy for me because of the fact that I had finally met my sons in person and that I would be spending some time with them.

I packed up some of my things from home and left with a duffel bag of things that I would take to Lily's apartment. On my way back, however, I stopped at the drug store as I'd promised.

While walking in the drug store with two pregnancy tests in hand, I got some weird looks. I walked up to the cash register and the man rang me up. I paid, and he said, "Congratulations, man. I hope."

"Yeah, thanks," I gave him a smile before briskly walking out of the store.

I arrived back at Lily's a few minutes later. I placed my duffel bag opposite her side of the bed. I knew she always slept on the right side if you were looking at the bed from in front of it, so I put my duffel bag on the left side.

Lily walked in with the boys trailing behind her and asked quietly, "Did you get the tests?"

I nodded, placing them up high on the dresser so the boys wouldn't be able to reach them, "I told you I'd do anything for you, princess." I pecked her lips and picked Kane up.

*Lily's POV*

"Boys, I think it's time to go to bed. With you being sick, you need to make sure to get as much rest as you can," he told them, leading them out of the room and to their beds after I told him he could. He was honestly doing better with them than I ever could've imagined he would at this stage of their relationship. I loved to watch it.

Logan soon got the boys to sleep and came back into our room. We both got back into bed and cuddled until we fell asleep.