Chapter 12

"Dr. Irwin," I addressed Logan formally, "may I have a word with you outside for a moment?"

"Uh, yes. Of course, Miss Hemmings," Logan nodded, opening the door behind him. I began to walk towards him.

"Boys, you be good for the doctor. Doctor, you may conduct the test now if you'd like. We'll only be a minute," I assured him.

After I walked out of the room, I shut the door behind me. I stared at Logan for a moment, and he had the biggest grin on his face. When I looked at him sternly, he stopped smiling like he had been.

"Daddy!?" I exclaimed, unsure of how the boys knew their father. I stood there, tapping my foot and waiting for an answer.

"I know," he admitted, "I've known. Ever since the day before they were born, I knew."

"But how?" I prodded, wanting to know how he knew and how he found out. I still had no idea how my boys had recognized him.

"It's too long of a story. I'll come over once I'm done this evening and I'll take the time to explain then. But right now, I'm working, Lil," he told me, opening the door back up. I walked in behind him, frustrated and confused.

The doctor was doing the swab on Kai, and Logan walked over to him and held his hand, putting his other hand on Kai's knee.

"It's alright, Kai," Logan assured him, smiling at him as the doctor conducted the nasty test. I got even more confused when Logan got his name right. I had no idea how he would be able to tell them apart, or even know their names for that matter.

The doctor finished the test on Kai and moved on to Kane. Logan did the same thing with him as he'd done with Kai. "You're okay, Kane."

I just about fainted because I was so confused. I didn't know how he knew their names or could tell them apart. I knew how I could tell them apart, but it was only subtle. I had no idea as to how Logan would know anything about the boys.

When Kane's test finished, I felt like I had to throw up once more. I excused myself from the room and began to run to get to the bathroom. As I exited, I heard Logan say to the doctor, "I'm extremely sorry. I'll only be a minute, I promise."

Logan followed me into the bathroom of the office. He pulled my hair out of my face as I threw up for one of the many times in the last twenty-four hours. When I was finished, I sat for a second next to the toilet. Logan laid my hair down behind me. I looked at him and sighed.

"I'm sorry," I apologized.

"For what?" He questioned innocently. I loved how he was sweet like that. He acted like there was nothing wrong when everything was going wrong.

"About everything, Logy. I'm sorry about not telling you about the boys, even though you still found out somehow. I'm sorry that you just had to do that, too. You know, hold my hair back. You didn't have to do that, you know."

"I know, Lil. It's alright. Everything is. I'm not mad at you for not telling me, and we'll talk more about that this evening. Also, would you want to get tested for the flu as well while you're here?" He wondered.

"No, I think I'll go to my regular doctor. I can ask my mum to babysit while I go. It's no big deal."

"If you say so. I just don't like all three of my babies being sick at once. It's not good," he frowned.

My heart melted when he said his "three babies." I couldn't believe how much I'd missed out on with not telling him for the first three and a half years of their lives. I wished I could take it all back. Then I realized that he had known them for their whole lives. However, I was still confused with how he knew.

"As soon as I get back to my apartment, I'm going to call the doctor for a test. I promise," I told Logan.

"Are you sure you don't want me to test you?" He smirked, kissing my jawline.

"I don't think you'd want to do that. I have the flu," I told him, pushing him away and giggling.

"Oh, well, we don't know that yet, now do we?" He smiled.

"It is possible that I have it. I don't want you getting it, especially if our boys have it too. Plus, you're working in a doctor's office. You shouldn't be getting sick. You're a pediatrician!" I told him.

"I love hearing you say that. It's sexy," he smirked at me.

"What? You're a pediatrician?" I smirked back at him.

"I love hearing it coming from you. My family tells me that all of the time, but it sounds better when I hear it from you."

"I love you, Logan," I told him, standing up. He stood up as well and kissed me on the cheek.

"I love you, too, Lil. I better get back to work. I don't want to be fired when I've only been working here for a few weeks," he chuckled as we walked out of the bathroom and back towards the room where the boys were.

"Miss Hemmings, I'll let you and your boys stay here for about twenty minutes until your test results are back. You can sit in here and wait. Dr. Irwin, I'll have to take you with me," the doctor told us as he walked out with Logan trailing behind him.

"So, boys, you met your daddy today!" I exclaimed a minute after Logan and the doctor had left the room.

"Yeah," they both smiled and looked at me in the eyes.

"How did you know about your daddy?" I asked, trying to get some information out of them before Logan came over tonight.

They looked at each other and shook their heads. Whoever it was must've told them not to tell. I needed to know who it was, but I guessed that would have to wait until that night.