Chapter 13

The doctor came back into the room about fifteen minutes later and announced that the boys did have the flu. I sighed, and he prescribed some medicine to help them get over the sickness. We left the office without seeing Logan again.

When we got back to the apartment, the boys obviously didn't feel like playing, so they went into their room and laid down in their beds. I made them lunch a little later after I called and made an appointment with my doctor.

I asked if my mum could come over to my apartment to babysit while I went to the doctor. She agreed, and I left for the doctor's once she arrived.

"Thank you so much, mum," I smiled at her and got into my car before driving off.

I arrived at the doctor's a few minutes later. I waited in the waiting room for a little while until a nurse told me that they were ready for me. Within minutes, I was in an examination room, and the doctor was conducting the test on me.

"Miss Hemmings, this test will take about twenty-four hours to get the results. You can talk with the receptionist to either get an appointment set up for tomorrow, or you could just choose to get a call," He told me after he'd finished the test.

"Um, I thought it only took fifteen minutes," I looked at him confusedly.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Here, we aren't able to do it that quickly. When we do the test here, we have to send it somewhere else to get it tested there before we get the results back. So, it takes about twenty-four hours. Possibly, it'll only take two hours, but it won't take any less than that. It depends on how fast we can get it to another clinic, then get it back here. We will call you as soon as possible if that's what you choose to have done."

"Okay, thank you, doctor," I smiled as I walked out of the room to talk to the receptionist. I told her that I wanted a call when they got the results, and she made sure which number I wanted them to call. After verifying my number, I walked out to my car, and I drove back to my apartment.

I walked into the apartment, and my mum was in the boys' room, where they were still lying in their beds. I sat down by Kai's bed, and I put my hand on his forehead. it was still burning hot. I frowned before doing the same to Kane. They both felt the same. I kissed them both before standing up and motioning my mother outside.

"So, do you have the flu, too, sweetheart?" She asked.

"I'm not sure yet. They told me they'd call me when they got the results. I don't know when that'll be within the next day," I told her.

"Okay. And what is this that I hear about the boys meeting Logan? When did that happen?" She wondered curiously.

"When I took them to the doctor's this morning, he was there as an assistant doctor. They recognized him, and he knew who they were. I couldn't believe it. I have no idea how they knew him. I don't know how he knew about them, either. Logan's coming over tonight, and he's going to tell me everything. He told me that he's known about them since before they were born. I'm confused, but he promised to tell me everything tonight," I explained to her.

"He'd better tell you everything. Plus, they've never said anything before about their dad."

"I know. I'll know tonight how they knew him and vice-versa."

"Yeah. Tell me, then, okay? I've got to get going, though. I'll see you later, sweetie," she smiled at me, hugged me, then left quickly and abruptly.

I sat around in the boys' bedroom for the rest of the day, occasionally leaving to get the things that they needed or to walk around a little if they wanted. It was a little after six o'clock that I heard a knock on the door.

I walked out to the door of the apartment, and Logan was standing there with a bouquet of lilies in his hands.

"Hello, Logan," I smiled at him and took the lilies from him, putting them in a vase.

"Hello, Lily," he smiled back at me as I filled the vase with water. I hear four little feet walking slowly, then turning to a run. I turned around to see both of the boys jumping into Logan's arms.

"Daddy!" They both exclaimed, and they smiled as though they'd never been sick. I was amazed.

"Boys, your daddy is not a jungle gym," I chuckled, walking over to them and prying both boys off of him.

"It's okay, Lil. I haven't met them in person before today. Come here, Kai... Kane," he smiled at them and held each of them in his arms.

"It's time for some explaining," I told him, and he agreed.

We all sat in the living room. I sat on the love seat across from the sofa where Logan was sitting with both of the boys on his lap. He looked at both of the boys and said to them, "Boys, tell your mummy who told me about you two."

"Auntie Jae," they told me, their eyes down.

"Jaelyn?" I looked at Logan, questioning him.

"She e-mailed me March 8, the night before the twins were born. She showed me all of the pictures and videos she'd taken or you'd taken up until then. Plus, she asked me if I wanted her to Skype me the next day during the c-section."

"That's why she wanted the camera and her phone? That little-" I stopped myself and sighed. It was so much to take in.

"She's the one who's been FaceTiming me at least once a week since the twins were born. I'm sorry for going behind your back, Lily. I really am sorry."

"You're not who I'm mad at, don't worry about it. I guess I just wish you would've told me you knew when you came back and we..." my voice faded off.

"I know. I'm sorry. I will be in these boys' lives, Lil. Don't think I won't be."

"I want you to be. Don't worry. I just want to know how you can tell them apart so easily, with how little you've seen them."

"Kai has the smallest birthmark behind his left ear. I noticed it when he was first born. Kane doesn't have a birthmark... by his ear, anyway," He explained to me. That's how I told them apart most of the time.

"He does have a birthmark," I told him, then we said in sync, "on his right ankle."

I smiled at Logan, and he smiled back at me. Suddenly, my phone rang. I saw that it was the doctor's office, and I took the call. The three boys sitting across from me watched me as I talked with the receptionist.

"We have your test results back, Miss Hemmings," she told me.

I nodded, then responded verbally, "Okay."

"The test shows that you do not have the flu," she told me. "We believe that what you are experiencing is just a little cold. Possibly food poisoning? If you would like for us to do any more testing, let us know, okay?"

While she was talking, my phone vibrated, signaling that I'd gotten a notification. Before checking my phone, I said to the receptionist, "Thank you. I don't believe I'll need further testing. I think I'll be alright." I had a feeling I knew what the notification on my phone was telling me. I ended the call with the woman and checked the notification.

It read, "Lily, you are six days late for your period! Get back on PinkPad to tell us if this is true or if you just forgot to track this cycle."

I hadn't forgotten to track the cycle.