Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Harry lay back leaning on his elbows, the warm salt water of the Mediterranean supporting his sore left leg while helping ease the ache in his knee. It was the Tuesday following the wedding and he and Ginny were now relaxing at the seaside vacation home of Fleur's aunt and uncle. The wedding had been a spectacular success for a number of reasons, not the least of which was that he and Ginny were now husband and wife. There were other highlights as well, including the revelation that their good friends Hannah and Neville were married, as well as the Centaurs bestowing upon Harry the seemingly unheard of token of respect consisting of a bow and quiver of arrows, indicating they thought of him as a member of their herd. 

But perhaps more importantly, from a personal point of view, it appeared that Charlie Weasley and Eleanor MacManus had hit it off in a big way. Ginny was feeling particularly smug about that. The whole event was concluded with a huge fireworks display courtesy of the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes company. From various locations just outside the Hogwarts grounds numerous ground and aerial displays were set off. Afterward Harry commented to George about what it must have cost. His brother-in-law and partner figured they'd make it back and ten times more with all the exposure they had just gotten with all the wedding guests. 

Harry was enjoying replaying the various scenes from the day in his mind and soaking in the water when he heard a voice calling to him. 

"Harry, I want to put more lotion on you. This sun is enough to burn the hide off of a dragon. Oops, sorry, sweetie," Ginny said. 

Harry looked back over his shoulder to where Ginny was sitting up on a blanket. She was sunbathing just above the waterline and now she was holding up a bottle of Madame Babineaux's Magical Sun Screen, SPF 210. Fleur was insistent that they use it otherwise both of them would be burnt to a crisp on the first day, she said. 

"Okay, love, if you'd do the honors, please," Harry replied with a grin. 

Ginny stood up and walked the few steps to where Harry was lounging in the water. He couldn't help but smile as he saw his wife come towards him. She was wearing a one piece, French cut swimsuit that showed off her compact, athletic figure beautifully. Her flowing mane of red hair was pulled back into a pony tail and her smile was bright and warm. She crouched down besides Harry in the warm water and began lathering on the lotion. It had the color and consistency of white ceiling paint when it first went on but quickly faded to transparency. She took care of his arms and torso, front and back and then before applying it to his face she leaned down and kissed him. When she pulled back she looked at him and said, 

"How's the knee, Mr. Twinkletoes?" 

Harry flinched inwardly a bit since the condition of his knee had provided a brief bump in the otherwise smooth transition to married life. Harry had been so determined that his injury would not put a damper on the wedding and reception that during his last treatment before the big day he had a talk with his physical therapist. After some cajoling and pleading, he convinced the healer to apply some magic to his knee that while not healing the injury, it masked any pain that might be felt for forty eight hours. He was warned however that whatever stress he put on it during that time would be felt after the spell wore off. 

As it happened this began during the train ride in the company of the Delacours and Fleur and Bill Weasley. The Delacours were going to make sure the honeymooners arrived safely at the house while Bill and Fleur were going to spend some time on the continent before the start of the new school year. Harry's discomfort was becoming obvious just after the transfer in Paris and by the time they reached the seaside house he was hobbling as badly as he had right after his release from the hospital.