Thorin ~ Accidents 7

Start from the beginning

"What kind of dwarf are you then?"  The troll asked, poking her.  "And what you doing to our fire?"

"I'm not a dwarf."  Louisa snapped, noting the fire suddenly leap up again.  "And I'm not doing anything, your fire is perfectly fine."

The troll looked to confirm but still looked suspicious.  "What was with the glowing eyes?"

"I don't know what you're talking about and would greatly appreciate it if you put me down."  Louisa said, struggling, her heart hammering too loudly to hear the dwarves.

"You can't lie to-"  The troll was cut off by small, angry growling, Sirius rushing forward.

"Sirius don't!"  Louisa squealed as the troll stepped forward, Sirius yelping and dashing back away before the troll can step on him.  "Leave him alone."

The troll growled.  "You need to stop talking before I crush you into dust."

"I'd like to see you try."  She snapped.  "You would burn before you could move."

"I-what?"

Angry and overwhelmed by all the emotions in the air, Louisa didn't think.  "I'm a powerful wizard you overgrown clod, and if you don't put me down this instant, I'm going to greatly enjoy burning all you and your friends."

The three trolls stared at her, her face red and eyes practically sparking.

"Can we just eat her?"  One finally asked.

"Or squash her," The other grunted.  "That'd be quicker for shutting her up."

"She meant what she said."  Bilbo suddenly piped up, struggling to his feet in his own sack.  "She's very dangerous, I wouldn't risk it."

"Bilbo!"  Louisa hissed, making the hobbit wince, realising he chose the wrong words.

"What?  You want us to kill her?"  The troll asked.

"No!"  Bilbo said quickly, shaking his head.  "But if you do, a-a curse will be laid down upon you!"

Louisa went with it.  "That's right, so put me down right now and let me and my friends go."

The troll looked from her to Bilbo to her again, before shaking her roughly.  "Do you think we're stupid?  Curses don't work like that."  He threw her to one of the other trolls.  "Kill her so we can get on with this."

"No!"

It was hard to tell who had shouted, although Louisa, Gandalf, Thorin, Fili and Bilbo's voice were clear, but the bright flashes of light that went with it added to the confusion, the trolls suddenly turning to stone.

Gandalf was standing atop a giant rock that was now split into two, sunlight streaming through.  Louisa was breathing hard from the ground, the light in her eyes dimming, having slid from the sack in the commotion.

Once the dwarves realised they were safe, they started to laugh.

A little while later, all the dwarves properly back on their feet, Louisa stood to the side cradling a very scared Sirius in her arms, gently stroking his fur.

"It's okay."  She hushed him as he whimpered.  "Everyone's okay."

"Are you?"

The voice made her jump and she spun to face Thorin, who looked a little sheepish, his gaze brushing along the bruising still under her eyes, something she noticed to be quite common.

"Apart from a few more bruises after being handled by that troll, yes."  She said quaintly, her attention quickly turning back to the wolf in her arms, too tired to deal with Thorin at the present time.