Flight

I Tell Maria that I need a vacation and am going away for a while. She doesn't ask any questions, but gives me that this is annoying look of hers. It was probably really annoying, my disappearing and reappearing. Although, she didn't have to cook for two anymore. Packing for Paris is extremely hard. I have this teeny overpacking issue, and I am going to be living in Paris for a while, so I end up with four suitcases. A single suitcase for shoes, misc., clothes, and one for my documents and purses. 

  I was sitting on a pile of suitcases in the hallway when the doorbell rang. News had gotten out about my move, and curious "Well Wishers" had popped up with pies and casseroles all day. The sight I saw when I opened the door was nothing I would ever be prepared for. Daniel. His unreadable eyes stared back at me.

  "Um, Daniel?"  

"Hi, uh can I come in?"  

"Sure, sit down at the kitchen table," I said motioning to a seat.  

"So, what is with all of the suitcases, going somewhere?"  

"Nowhere particular."

  "Just tell me."  

Now, if I was not at an emotional low point, I would have the brains to make up a lie right here (I was a rather convincing liar). Instead I simply tell him the truth "Paris."

Of course my bad luck kicks in and we get interrupted.   Wesley walks in and shouts on the top of his lungs "Emma, are you done packing for Paris, because I need...Oh." Well, at least he didn't use the name Georgianna.    The look on Daniel's face when he hears this is something in-between horror and disgusted. I can just see how this looks. Me and mysterious boy (Who I lied and told him was a non related brother) are going to 'The City of Love'. Yeah, that looks real great.   

"Uh, Wesley this is Daniel," I say awkwardly.  

Wesley gives me that 'What the Hell' look but politely greets Daniel. Daniel shift uncomfortably as Wesley excuses himself.

  "Oh, I see how this is," says Daniel.  

"Don't accuse me of anything, and it is none of your business anyways, I am not your girlfriend anymore," I shout.  

He sucks in a breath and barely whispers "I know.  

He removes himself from the chair and leaves. Just like that. I have to resist the urge to get up and ask him to stay.   Wesley is kind enough not to question me about it. He knows I just want to be left to myself, although he does make one slightly mean comment about my boyfriend being a sissy.

I have to remind him that Daniel is not my boyfriend with a nice kick in the shin.  

Two Days Later.  

Our plane is scheduled to board at 4:00, so Wesley picks up some snacks and we drive to Milwaukee. The flight is estimated to be around fourteen hours so I make sure to grab some fast food.    We walk into the airport, and I immediately notice how wisconsin this seems. The airport has movie theatre carpet, light blue walls, and one section has pictures of famous Wisconsin residents. When we go up to check in I hand the lady my tickets. She gives me a dirty look and says "First class?" I assume she is jealous. The woman looks about thirty-five with eighties style dirty blonde hair. I decide to have a little fun and put on my best gold digger expression and grab Wesley by the hand "My boyfriend purchased them. He is amazing, aren't you?" I say in a proud tone.

This makes the woman think for a moment before putting the pieces together, giving me an odd expression, and putting my suitcases away.    When we get into the first class/business security line Wesley bursts out laughing.  

"You are an amazing actress, Emma."  

I smile and give a Miss America wave, which causes several stuffy businessmen to look at me. In fact now that I think about it several people have given me funny glances.  Eventually we get through security and sit to wait for the plane to board.

The seats are the usual gray built in chairs that make you feel like you are sliding to the floor. Our plane gets delayed a couple of minutes, and so I buy an edition of Places magazine. Give a wild guess who is on the cover? Daniel Newman is promptly displayed with the words "She Broke My Heart," in fat letters at the top of the page. Given my bad experiences with magazines I should have never picked this up. I open it up and read things that make me feel like puking. Daniel talked to the press about me.

I bet the magazine removed what they were going to do and replaced it with our story.    Several other people talk about me, and the article does not seem to negative about me. Jessica only says good things about me. Daniel gives a sob story, and the magazine claims that an insider says that I fled to Paris with a dashing young gentlemen. I have to admit Wesley is dashing, but gentlemen not to much. Wesley must notice the tears in my eyes, because he gives me an asking look. I hand him the magazine as an answer. I try to ignore the swears he mutters under his breath.        

Author's Note

Almost 1/3 of the book has been uploaded! This story is about 35 Wattpad pages!!! Okay, please put Team Wesley or Team Daniel in the comments below!