A Day in Paris

Daniel and I walked into the marble covered elevator as we chatted about how are day would go. The occupance of the elevator included a well dressed woman in her 50s, a blonde lady in her 30s weearing a teeny dress, and a smart looking woman in her 40s.

"Hello, do you by any chance happen to be Daniel?" Asked the smart looking woman in her fourties.

Daniel looked up at her "Yes.. I do?"

"Ah.. my name is Diane. I am the editor for the French version of Places magazine," said Diane.

Ulgh. Places magazine. Where Daniel betrayed me and told about our break up.

"Yes. I am," I nodded.

"I see you two are back together again and Places is having this exculsive charity dinner on thursday at the Louvre. Tickets are $10,000 if you are interested."

Daniel grinned "We would love to come. That would be great... you know where you can contact me."

Ding!

The elevator doors opened and we slid into the lobby as I grabbed Daniel's hand and made a quick exit. We quickly waved a limosine and pulled into the back seats.

"We would like to start at the Lourve?" Daniel said to the driver.

I sighed and looked at him "What nonsense were you agreeing to go to a socialite dinner with me?"

"I thought it would be fun and we should do something in public together... you seem to shy away from that stuff. If you want to be anything with me. Even a friend. You have to understand that you have to become a socialite. You can't hide in the shadows anymore, my dear."

"And if I prefer to?"

"Then I can simply not be involved with you. Publicity is something that comes with anbody of my last name."

"Forget about it... lets just have fun."

Daniel and I arrived at the Louvre around 12:00 P.M. Daniel bought our tickets and even payed a little bit extra for some special exhibits. We navigated the crowds as we toured one of the most famous museams in the world. We took pictures (without flash) near the Mona Lisa and several famous statues. Naturally we did not have enough to time to visit even half of the muesaem but we saw a couple of exhibits.

After exiting three hours later we walked around Paris.

"Look! A frozen yogurt stand. We just have to get some in honor of the first time 

I laid eyes on you," shouted Daniel