I Know Who You Are

My heart stops. How could she ever know who I am? She couldn't. I decide to turn on my impressive acting skills and act ignorant.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, Emma do not play dumb with me... I knew your mother."

Knew my mother? How is that possible? So many questions are running through my head, but she interrupts.

"And to think I never thought I would see Georgianna Palso, my dear friend Elisabeth's daughter ever again. I had seen you before in the newspaper that my nephew sends to me, but I didn't realize it till I saw the boy. It put the pieces together. You didn't recognize me, did you? What ever happened to you mother?"

"She died."

Madame Plumey darkens and continues "Oh. That is sad. She was a great woman, your father was too. I remember getting the news about how he died."

"They were both good people."

"That they were Em...Georgianna."

I don't want to be called Georgianna. Only Wesley can call me that without making me dreadfully sad.

"Call me Emma."

"Georgianna is a very pretty name."

"Just call me Emma. I barely remember being Georgianna."

She gives me a weary look "Your mother met your father at one of my mother's dinner parties. I set them up. He kissed her for the first time up here." She smiles and her expressions turn distant.

"It was the middle of spring and I was sixteen. Your mother was my best friend and your father was the boy I was smitten with. Handsome lad. I got my mother to invite them both to one of her  dinner parties. 

A/N: Sorry this is so short:( I couldn't find where I stored this chapter... I got really sick and slept for 18 hours a day... Then I had to do a lot of make up work. I will do a regular chapter on May Tenth. I have the next ten chapters written.