Chapter Two [Part One]

Each alarm went off at the same time, the room filled with the varying sounds and ringtones to wake each of the recruits. Everyone sat up excitedly, leaping out of bed so they could rush to get ready for breakfast. Lev allowed the others to go first, reaching for the schedule for the day.

"Alright everyone, listen up. Today is going to be another easy day. We are going to be talking mostly about classes available, the campus, and simple things such as that." Lev threw the paper on his bedside table, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. Akilina watched him quietly, observing him as he stifled a yawn.

"Are we not starting training today?" Titus called, washing his face in the corner of the bathroom. Lev shook his head, knowing very well that Titus could not see him.

"This paper seems to say that it is an extension of yesterday. Maybe we will end early and get more rest?" The recruits mumbled in agreement, finishing their morning routine before heading to breakfast. Marya came out first, adjusting her hair in the doorframe as Akilina took her turn washing her face.

Lev sent everyone out of the room, locking up their dorm as other groups started to head out for breakfast. He managed to find himself at the front of the group again, leading them towards the mess hall. The others didn't argue, starting their own small talk as they made their way down the hall.

Breakfast that morning was hearty, filling each of the recruits with enough food to last them the entire day. The main course was a large breakfast burrito, filled with eggs, potatoes, meat, and a variety of cheeses. The cooks had also set up a table piled high with fruit and a neighboring one that housed a cereal station. The group graciously accepted the food, making their way towards the table they had seated themselves on the other day.

As all of the groups made small talk, a few of the Veterans had made their way around the tables, mentioning something to them before walking away. The group made eye contact with the man who had taken over the end of the tour the previous night, grabbing his attention and bringing him over to the table.

"Good morning, recruits. You all seem well-rested and well-fed. We will be staying here for a short meeting at exactly eight-o'-clock, so make sure that you are ready to go before then. The dorms will be locked for most of the day, so make sure that you have any personal belongings on you that you may need. I hope you have a wonderful day today." The recruits thanked him for his time as he moved on to speak with the next table.

"Does anyone need any objects?" Lev asked, turning to look at the recruits. Everyone shook their head, unsure of what they would even need for the day. They continued to eat, waiting patiently for their meeting.

The Veterans immediately started speaking when the clock struck eight. The same team was standing at the front of the mess hall from last night, calling for the attention of all of the groups.

"Listen up, recruits," one of them called, clapping their hands. The sound cut through the mass of voices that filled the hall, bringing the recruits to silence.

"Thank you," the man said, turning to thank his companion. "Now, I see that you have all arrived on time, which is greatly appreciated. As you can see from our schedule, we will be having a very easy day so we can show you your class options at the facility. I am sure you all will be pleased with your variety of choices." He motioned for them all to stand, walking towards the front so he could lead them out.

The groups of recruits quickly stood, haphazardly stepping between people so they could race to the front. The woman from the previous night arrived beside the man, muttering something in his ear as the rest of the people arrived.